Yellow | senority list for 135 (harrisburg)

Chicago Roadway

TB Veteran
Credits
During the change we got a guy here in chicago who says the senority dock list is 750 at 135 and says if you have 20 years you have a monday thru friday 6am shift
i would like to know at other barns about how much senority does it take to get a day shift monday thru friday here it takes almost 30 years. even a tuesday thru sat pushes a 25 year mark.

must be nice to have a monday thru friday bid, at 242 the best we can get is a sunday thru thursday or a tuesday thru saturday @5amon the dock. Even the yard here is messed up, day shift is at 4am and there is 3 monday thru fridays on it. Managment tells us that Akron sent this bid down.

im at 135 iv been there little of 3.5 years held
mon thru friday bid i held for about 9 mths then the change took all that away
it wasn t daylight bid it was night bid

OK here's the "skinny" on 671 dock bids. If you want 0430 monday through you gotta have 19 years seniority. I you want the 0730 start......the same thing 19 years. There are only openings of 15 men for those bids. Before the change of operaton 671 had a "young" seniority list with the #1 man carrying the hire date of 1978.....but the #2 guy was 1986. So the COO took in 35 guys all having a hire date of 1990 or sooner. Our total dock seniority has 178 slots with the bottom man having the hire date of 2000. With the current layoff, the last man on the bid is #146 with the hire date of 1999. We are still working to get those last guys put back on......but with the economy, it don't look good.:chairshot: In years past the company had more weekends on the night shift, to give the guys something for working nights and the all important city OB freight. Now it's "By the contract". We heard also the terminal can't change the start times either.....AGO thing. Talk about handcuffing the supers!!:nutkick: DS.

dutchman said:
must be nice to have a monday thru friday bid, at 242 the best we can get is a sunday thru thursday or a tuesday thru saturday @5amon the dock. Even the yard here is messed up, day shift is at 4am and there is 3 monday thru fridays on it. Managment tells us that Akron sent this bid down.
Welcome to the boards dutchman. DS.

At 120, 3 guys with sat sun have 33 yrs. About 30 guys have sun mon with 26 yrs for the last guy, then there are 3 fri sat with about 24yrs for the last.

hilo@342 said:
At 342, we are ALL Mon thru Fri.
Hey hilo......is that jockey, P+D or dock?? I know at 671 most of our P+D drivers are Mon-Fri. The yard and dock aren't. Our supplement reads that A minimum of sixty-five (65%) percent of the employees in each classification will be scheduled with Saturday or Sunday off with at least twenty percent (20%) being off both Saturday and Sunday. DS.

our dock spot senority runs to about 510
monday 0630 is usually only 6 to 8 guys
company plays with it from time to time
our tues 0630 is about 50
seems the buget must be getting cut again
no dunnage or airbags or deck bars
they give a meeting about damages then
do not provide any of the simpe stuff.
great to here about other places guys thanks

Docksteward said:
Hey hilo......is that jockey, P+D or dock?? I know at 671 most of our P+D drivers are Mon-Fri. The yard and dock aren't. Our supplement reads that A minimum of sixty-five (65%) percent of the employees in each classification will be scheduled with Saturday or Sunday off with at least twenty percent (20%) being off both Saturday and Sunday. DS.
We have a combination board in the city. We made a local agreement several years ago for all city jobs to be Mon thou Fri in exchange the company is allowed to use unlimited casuals on the dock Sat and Sun. The yard work and P&D is still overtime on Sat and Sun. What's interesting is they can't seem to get enough casuals on weekends so they still make an overtime call for the dock on weekends.

serta said:
Hey DS, whos from roanoke?
I don't quite follow you there, serta. Our TM is also the TM over Roanoke. Don't ask me why, that's just the way it is. I guess AGO didn't think he had enough to to running a break bulk :biglaugh: I just wish our IB business would pick up, kind of soft right now. DS.

Docksteward said:
I don't quite follow you there, serta. Our TM is also the TM over Roanoke. Don't ask me why, that's just the way it is. I guess AGO didn't think he had enough to to running a break bulk :biglaugh: I just wish our IB business would pick up, kind of soft right now. DS.
Sorry, I meant who on here was from Roanoke?
As for the tm running two places, thats not uncommon. We have a couple multiple terminals run by one guy.

serta said:
hmmm, is it screwy louie?
Lou runs out of 657. He's been busting his butt on OT these past few weeks. I think he's trying to save up a little $$ so he can get Animo his crabcakes he owes him!!:biglaugh: DS.

hilo@342 said:
The yard work and P&D is still overtime on Sat and Sun. What's interesting is they can't seem to get enough casuals on weekends so they still make an overtime call for the dock on weekends.
Hey hilo..........for some reason 671 stopped using casuals about 5 years ago. I think we had over 100 men signed up to work when needed, now we have zero!!!:nutkick: I don't understand their thinking here. As you say they will work OT and pay a guy 35 to 40 some dollars an hour, when they can work a casual at $16!!:chairshot: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my guys are making big money!! And I know the way RDWY thinks sometimes that the more hours you work a guy his H&W cost goes down. But you know as well as I, If I'm working 50-70 hours a week, I'm pacing myself for it. If I'm working 40, I'm plenty rested and can "give it all I've got"!!:biglaugh: All kidding aside, the big wheels need to hire some casuals to make up the difference. Hey Mike S.... are you or any of your co-pilots reading this!!! :bgroovy: DS.