FedEx Freight | Shake-up coming to N.J

So has Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
what-side-your-car-is-gas-tank-on-easy-trick-will-tell-you-every-time.w1456.jpg
You should let the dogs drive all the time, so they pull up to the right side of the pump...

Well...exit polls did show that "Little Jersey" was mainly responsible for electing our new lame duck Gov due to their opposition of the toll lanes on 77 (kinda ironic considering NJ has toll lanes/roads) and how did our lame duck Gov reward those who put him in office...he appointed a transportation secretary who supports toll roads!! :scratchhead: :idunno:

I receiced a bonus for voting Trump. He took our lousy Governor with him to Washington(Nikki Hayley). I feel so bad for my Tarheel neighbors to the north stuck with Roy Cooper.

Well...exit polls did show that "Little Jersey" was mainly responsible for electing our new lame duck Gov due to their opposition of the toll lanes on 77 (kinda ironic considering NJ has toll lanes/roads) and how did our lame duck Gov reward those who put him in office...he appointed a transportation secretary who supports toll roads!! :scratchhead: :idunno:
Is that what all the bloody construction is for? I thought Toronto was bad, but then we grind traffic to a halt on all 12 lanes of the 401 every day so we make up for it.

Our provincial government is doing the same thing in places where they think they can get away with it. "High Occupancy Toll" lanes and a carbon tax they pretend doesn't exist. "Revenue tools!" Or so they say... I didn't vote for them so at least I can complain legitimately.

Is that what all the bloody construction is for? I thought Toronto was bad, but then we grind traffic to a halt on all 12 lanes of the 401 every day so we make up for it.

Our provincial government is doing the same thing in places where they think they can get away with it. "High Occupancy Toll" lanes and a carbon tax they pretend doesn't exist. "Revenue tools!" Or so they say... I didn't vote for them so at least I can complain legitimately.
Yep...toll lanes from mm36, through downtown CLT, clear to the SC stateline.

The road needed to be widened due to the growth of "Little Jersey" (Lake Norman area) but our state didn't have the money. The voters voted against raising taxes and cutting entitlements to pay for it so the state gave the project to a private contractor who's spending their own money to build the lanes and will charge a toll to recoup their money...essentially charging those who use the lanes to pay for it, which works for me.

Just breaking your balls with minuscule minutia.....because you was largely responsible for derailing what I thought was a serious thread......but are, proud of Troy, for sure.......

I knew you were so no offense, but this whole thread seemed off topic from the first reply forward, so I figured no harm in replying too.

Yep...toll lanes from mm36, through downtown CLT, clear to the SC stateline.

The road needed to be widened due to the growth of "Little Jersey" (Lake Norman area) but our state didn't have the money. The voters voted against raising taxes and cutting entitlements to pay for it so the state gave the project to a private contractor who's spending their own money to build the lanes and will charge a toll to recoup their money...essentially charging those who use the lanes to pay for it, which works for me.
They did us one better. They promised a Toronto bypass highway for years because the 401 was so busy. They finally built the 407 in the 90's. Then they decided it'd be a toll road. Then they sold it (99 year lease, whatever) to some foreign consortium that charges outrageous money to use the highway because of it's 100% electronic toll system.

In the end, people only use the bypass if they're in a big hurry and the 401 is still varying degrees of busy for about 22 hours a day.

They did us one better. They promised a Toronto bypass highway for years because the 401 was so busy. They finally built the 407 in the 90's. Then they decided it'd be a toll road. Then they sold it (99 year lease, whatever) to some foreign consortium that charges outrageous money to use the highway because of it's 100% electronic toll system.

In the end, people only use the bypass if they're in a big hurry and the 401 is still varying degrees of busy for about 22 hours a day.
Same here, the toll lanes will be owned, operated, and maintained by a company from Spain and they got a 50 year lease in their contract...although from the price tag, depending on what they charge it may take them 50 years to recoup their money!!

I know to many backroads to pay a toll to bypass a backup!!

Same here, the toll lanes will be owned, operated, and maintained by a company from Spain and they got a 50 year lease in their contract...although from the price tag, depending on what they charge it may take them 50 years to recoup their money!!

I know to many backroads to pay a toll to bypass a backup!!
It wouldn't surprise me if it's not the same company. The only time I ever used the 407 was when the tolling system wasn't working.

The same outfit from Spain runs the Chicago Skyway and more around the country I'm sure. The Spanish also own Anheuser Busch. They build wind farms in Iowa. Its a hell of a comeback after the British and the French ran em outta here .