Yellow | Shipping container company bankrupt, could take truckers with.

I often felt the entire outsourcing of jobs was a house of cards.

What happens if one or two shipping companies go bankrupt. What if one or more major US Ports gets shut down? A Katrina-like event on the East or West Coast would be disasterous.

Walmart and other bottom feeders go under as they have too many eggs in one basket. Personally, I'd love to see them go out of business. American entrepenurers would pick up the slack and reopen neighborhood stores.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hanjin-b...ng-chaos-retail-fears-002837676--finance.html
Story says they handled 8% of the pacific freight. Imagine 8% of the ltl or tl market vanishing in one day.
And the article also said the other sharks in the water increased their prices to move containers from China to the west coast 600 dollars, in an industry with tight capacity now... They will be able to gouge on pricing, at least until Hanjin's containers are cleared of cargo, but by years end the capacity will be absorbed, just as it would with a large LTL closing...

BOO-HOO-HOO! "Bubba" mart and target "On their back" are gonna have to pay more---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I feel so bad for them!!!!!!!!!!
Remember when you go to buy something Guys,
1. UNION MADE FIRST! (Opps! so much for what is in those stranded ships!!)

2. BUY AMERICAN! (See the statement next to rule #1. It applies here also!)

3. Think about if you really need it!

I know, I know, The system is set up now were everything is made in overseas sweat shops and at times you really don't have an option. But if you do, Take a damn crowbar, Pry your pocket open, Get the extra cash out, And do the right thing dammit! The job you help protect might be your own, A Family member, Or the Guy down the street! Hell it could even be mine!!!!! That's reason enough to Buy American!!! (It's a joke ok? Lighten up!)

Happy labor day everyone!

I believe it is better to keep the money in our individual pockets than spend on junk made half way around the planet that we really don't need and won't miss if we don't buy it.

A Hanjin Shipping Co. vessel that was drifting for 19 days about 200 nautical miles offshore of Port Newark/Elizabeth was finally allowed to offload cargo this morning, after being denied entry because of concerns about whether the bankrupt South Korean shipper could pay docking and other fees.After the company came up with the funding earlier this week to pay for the services in advance, the vessel, called the Hanjin Miami, docked at about 6 a.m. at Maher Terminals and unloading began around 8 a.m., a port official said.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/business/hanjin-vessel-allowed-to-offload-cargo-1.1664876