Estes | Short term disability

I was on short-term disability in June in the max payout was $300 a week. Someone told me that you can pay into it every week and you get more but I don't know anything about that.

The additional short term doesn't kick in until (either 4 weeks or 30 days, I forget which). I was off for almost 5 weeks a few years ago, and only got a few days of the additional short term.

It was actually really easy. The hard part was getting Cigna to pay for/cover the procedures that the hospital preformed while I was in there.
My son is a dockworker and recently broke his ankle playing paintball.He has the "added coverage".How long before you started drawing and how much more do you draw with the paid short term disability???Thanks.

My son is a dockworker and recently broke his ankle playing paintball.He has the "added coverage".How long before you started drawing and how much more do you draw with the paid short term disability???Thanks.
I want to say it was about a week and a half after I applied that the checks started rolling in. I couldn't tell you how much the added coverage gives you since I don't have it.

I dont understand this disability, when I either got hurt, mashed or sliced up I paid cash. Only twice did the state workmans take care of the billing and once the facility I got hurt at took care of it with a generous check so they dont get sued. Cheaper that way.

IF you are disabled it becomes a Social Security thing and those tend to be pernament in some ways.

We relied on savings. That got us through quite a bit.

9-11 came along, Payroll company was destroyed. We were told to go to unemployment and sit home for god only knows how long. No. We had plenty of savings. Ran the truck on that until the company replaced the payroll and caught everything up after 6 weeks.

aflac did not exist in our day.

Not available here and you can’t buy it on your own. Only available through employers.
My wife got it. I guess some salesman was at her job and she bought it. I don't know anything about it lol. She just told me it covers everything and they'll fly you to the best hospital in the country for whatever it is they're treating you for. You don't lose any income. My son broke his ankle. I remember getting a check. I think $2K
It came quickly soon after.