XPO | Shortage of dollies?

DaBears6

TB Lurker
Credits
Any other terminals have a shortage of dollies? We have been sending multiple long boxes every night and still seem to have our bottom driver on a single pup. Is it just me or should every terminal have at least 1 dolly for every road driver plus an additional 5 or so units to cover maintenance? Can't imagine it's profitable to be running a single pup to the FAC...

Any other terminals have a shortage of dollies? We have been sending multiple long boxes every night and still seem to have our bottom driver on a single pup. Is it just me or should every terminal have at least 1 dolly for every road driver plus an additional 5 or so units to cover maintenance? Can't imagine it's profitable to be running a single pup to the FAC...
At one FAC I run they rented vans to run in some lanes. Now here the problem for every van you put into a lane you lose 10,000lbs of capacity (set of pups 42,800lbs. 48'/53' van 32,800lbs) unless you have a twin screw. The model the LH god computer puts out does not account for the weight loss. In the end freight left behind. Thought the van do help in low weight high cube lanes. Then one day you bring 2 van to the fac and take only one home or bring one and take no van home, but everyone leaves with a set of pups. Theirs were you dollies are going. On top of old dollies being taking out of the system due to age. The FAC I go makes drivers wait for dollies to come in as far as I know no one has left on a single pup. This same fac is short trailer to and thought getting vans would help but it hasn't in my sector alone we were short 12 pup on friday night and there are 6 sector at this fac

At one FAC I run they rented vans to run in some lanes. Now here the problem for every van you put into a lane you lose 10,000lbs of capacity (set of pups 42,800lbs. 48'/53' van 32,800lbs) unless you have a twin screw. The model the LH god computer puts out does not account for the weight loss. In the end freight left behind. Thought the van do help in low weight high cube lanes. Then one day you bring 2 van to the fac and take only one home or bring one and take no van home, but everyone leaves with a set of pups. Theirs were you dollies are going. On top of old dollies being taking out of the system due to age. The FAC I go makes drivers wait for dollies to come in as far as I know no one has left on a single pup. This same fac is short trailer to and thought getting vans would help but it hasn't in my sector alone we were short 12 pup on friday night and there are 6 sector at this fac
Exactly, another failing of management.