Yellow | Shreveport LA

Uncle Wiggly. Real estate is pretty reasonable;climate is mild, and if it does'nt work out you can purchase a shrimp boat much like Forrest Gump did.

Highways and roads

Shreveport's past reflects the need for mass transit and public roads. As far back as the 1870s, residents used mule drawn street cars that were later converted to electric-motorized cars by 1890. Commuter rail systems in Shreveport flourished for many decades, and rail car lines extended out to rural areas. In 1930, trolleys and rail cars began to be replaced by buses, although motor buses did not finally replace all trolley service until the 1960s. In the 1960s the Federal Interstate system came to the area with construction of Interstate 20.

The local public transportation provider, Sportran, provides moderately extensive bus service throughout Shreveport and Bossier City. Sportran operates 7 days a week on 17 bus routes (5 night routes) from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., with no night service on Sunday.

The highway system has a cross-hair and loop freeway structure similar to that of Texas cities like Houston and Dallas. The loop consists of The Outer Loop Freeway Interstate 220 on the north and The Inner Loop Freeway, Louisiana Highway 3132 on the south, forming approximately an 8-mile diameter semi-loop around downtown. Another loop is formed by the Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, (Louisiana Highway 526) and circles further south bisecting Interstate 49.

Shreveport lies along the route of the proposed Interstate 69 NAFTA superhighway that will link Canada, the U.S. industrial Midwest, Texas, and Mexico.

[edit] Airports

Shreveport is served by two airports—the larger of which is the Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV). The second airport is Shreveport Downtown Airport (DTN). The Downtown Municipal Airport is a general aviation/reliever airport located north of the Downtown Business District. The airport is located along the Red River and is the original Shreveport commercial airport, dating back to 1931.

city-data.com can give you info about the city, but I am curious myself about the operations there... seniority, rules, number of employees etc...

Don't know any of the work rules 7 men on the seniority list. My seniority date is in 92 I would be #5 on the list there. Don't have the list with me now so thats all I can tell you now.