Shut down

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
We at Sysco OK have been shut down for 2 days now, how bout you other guys?

I'm told this is the first time in 20 years this has happened here.

You guys got hit HARD!!!!!!!!!!

We were suppose to get some nasty ice yesterday but it never materialized. Just some rain and fog. So we ran with no problems. I think the worst lot I found was ours. I ice skated from the front door to the back lot to get my truck. Guess some have never heard of salt! Today is just a high wind advisory, but I am off. Right now, sunny and 45. Tommorrow, sunny and 26.

We are running tonight, I'm not coming in till later, screw midnight, its still a mess in Tulsa, I'm nervous about getting stuck, got chains and my shovel, so I'm hopeful I can get things done in a halfway timely fashion.

Well i made it to madison to meet my meet driver and he was about 3 hrs late. He decided we couldnt switch at the truckstop so we were gonna go to penske to swap out. I got 2 empites on well trying to leave the truckstop I got stuck on a incline trying to get to the road from the truckstop. Ended up leaving my truck sit there the rest of the night even with chains on I couldnt get out and I was soooo mad. After getting to Madison and sitting there for 5 hrs GFS decided to shut everything down. I guess we had trucks in the ditch with the drivers in them all night (i dont know if its true just what I heard). Well I got going back to Eau Claire today about 1230 and was back at 4 i think. It was nice to run during the day for once. I miss day shift. But everyone be safe out there. This winter I think is far from over.

I got stuck today...count em...7 times, took 1.75 hrs to get out of the yard, it was a total abortion, spent the last 2 hrs of my day stuck and pulled out by pickups and a jeep in downtown Tulsa, nothing but slop and ice, single axle internatioal with a 42 foot trailer and a pickup got me going, for a time, more of the same to come tomorrow!!

Well i made it to madison to meet my meet driver and he was about 3 hrs late. He decided we couldnt switch at the truckstop so we were gonna go to penske to swap out. I got 2 empites on well trying to leave the truckstop I got stuck on a incline trying to get to the road from the truckstop. Ended up leaving my truck sit there the rest of the night even with chains on I couldnt get out and I was soooo mad. After getting to Madison and sitting there for 5 hrs GFS decided to shut everything down. I guess we had trucks in the ditch with the drivers in them all night (i dont know if its true just what I heard). Well I got going back to Eau Claire today about 1230 and was back at 4 i think. It was nice to run during the day for once. I miss day shift. But everyone be safe out there. This winter I think is far from over.

Money, I know you all are used to it, the weather an all, but if I had to deal with what I had to today, everyday, I think I would either shoot myself or get a job indoors in a climate controled environment. Today was pure misery, 2 days after the storm, funny thing is I didn't experience anything that you guys up north don't experience on a day to day basis, IDK how you all do it my friend!!!

Winter does add many challenges, I'm ready for spring, -9 was the high on tuesday, -22 wednesday morning, more snow and wind than I've seen in years & years.

GT, Winter does suck. Kboom knows as I believe he drives for US Foods. Pushing a 2 wheeler threw snow builds up legs muscles tho. And driving in it in the early morning going in and out of parking lots and alleys really suck when there not plowed.

Hows US Foods Kboom? If/when GFS comes to Minneapolis you should come over here.

I actually drive for Coremark, but your right on about everything else, I think if and when when I jump ship I'd like to get just a driver job hopefully a sweet linehaul gig, but I'd also have to join a gym just to keep in shape.

I actually drive for Coremark, but your right on about everything else, I think if and when when I jump ship I'd like to get just a driver job hopefully a sweet linehaul gig, but I'd also have to join a gym just to keep in shape.

I'm with ya kboomarang, I have often thought of shuttling for someone at some point, I love food and drink to much, I need this job just to keep myself looking decent!

I had to work today, first saturday in ages that I have worked, I actually enjoyed it, not the roads and getting stuck at a nursing home that was to cheap to hire a plow to take care of their property, but working on a day that alot of people were out for pleasure not work, the traffic was lighter.

Heck I wish they would let me work sat and sun and give me a couple days off during the week!!

GT, I don't mind the work that much, but I have 3 days where every minute counts, we use electronic logs and watching the clock tick for 14 hours adds stress to a guys day that I don't need. I'm sure you have days where you think you have it beat and something fouls it up and its back to playing catch-up.

GT, I don't mind the work that much, but I have 3 days where every minute counts, we use electronic logs and watching the clock tick for 14 hours adds stress to a guys day that I don't need. I'm sure you have days where you think you have it beat and something fouls it up and its back to playing catch-up.

Every day, stuff happens, I get stressed beyond beleif!!!

My bad Kboomarang I got you and another guy confusesd. If/when Gordon comes to MN come over here and be a transit driver shuttling trailers. I have no stress anymore because I do my run in 8 hrs. The only day that sucks is in sunday when I run to kenosha then its a 12.5 hr day and I have to hurry to get back so my day driver can start early. We still do paper logs.