Yellow | Sick Days, Use Them Or Lose Them!!!

B-2

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard yesterday, IF you are laid off after the COO... you WILL NOT get paid for your sick days! I don't think this is right, we earned those days! So, if you think you will be laid off...BURN ALL YOUR SICK DAYS!:tongue0002:

I heard yesterday, IF you are laid off after the COO... you WILL NOT get paid for your sick days! I don't think this is right, we earned those days! So, if you think you will be laid off...BURN ALL YOUR SICK DAYS!:tongue0002:
I don't think they can take them away from you. Sick days, they have to pay you for them and personal days are the same.I believe it's the vacation days you have to use or you can loose them.I would check with your local to be sure:smilie_132:

sounds like bs...

I don't think they can take them away from you. Sick days, they have to pay you for them and personal days are the same.I believe it's the vacation days you have to use or you can loose them.I would check with your local to be sure:smilie_132:

I've never sold any days back...but my info is from local 771 union meeting last Friday, June 6th. If your laid off, your status becomes inactive, and you lose your sick days and floaters!

Brothers in central pa if you have worked 90 days in contract year you will get payed for unused sick days and personals at buy out time if you get laid off. Also with the personals only since they work like holidays if you request one and use it with in 30 days of your last day worked they must pay. Vacations are earned the pry or year as long as you worked 800 hours and under the contract they must pay for all vacations earned.

correct me if I'm wrong?

Brothers in central pa if you have worked 90 days in contract year you will get payed for unused sick days and personals at buy out time if you get laid off. Also with the personals only since they work like holidays if you request one and use it with in 30 days of your last day worked they must pay. Vacations are earned the pry or year as long as you worked 800 hours and under the contract they must pay for all vacations earned.

The phone bid is June 16th...If your laid off right after that, you won't have 90 days in contract year. The contract year starts April 1st, correct?

The phone bid is June 16th...If your laid off right after that, you won't have 90 days in contract year. The contract year starts April 1st, correct?

I agree with you. All I was trying to do was try and get some facts about the issue out there so that the men in LCP can make an informed decision based on their situations.

Thanks Toby135!

I agree with you. All I was trying to do was try and get some facts about the issue out there so that the men in LCP can make an informed decision based on their situations.

Thanks Toby135, we're on the "same page"...Unfortunately, I think Yellow will layoff shortly after the phone bid. I just wanted to put this out there...