Estes | Sick/Personal days.

Frootloop

TB Regular
Credits
I'm getting different stories (even from management figures) about unused sick days. Do I have to take them or lose them? Or will they cash them out at first of the year if they're unused?

Personal/Sick days must be used by the end of the calendar year. However, any hours still left will be paid to you. You don't "lose" the time, it just doesn't carry over to the next year. So for instance, if you only used one personal day, you will be paid for one unused personal day. If I remember, it goes on the pay on which the 31st of December is included.

Well that's what I was wondering. If they just paid you for it at the end of the year if you didn't use the day(s). I'm aware they don't roll over but id rather cash it out and not use it and work anyway but just wanted to make sure.

Years ago when we were issued 3 personal days, I used 1 day. It was sometime in March or April I got paid those 2 days on a separate check. It was $240 a day back then. It was luxury taxed. I was paid $480 and received around $250 after taxes. Might be different now with the electronic pay.
Definitively lose the vacation days. Can cash them in but need to run extraboard that week, so I hear.

I know drivers that count their occurrences as a vacation day, we are allowed 5 occurrences (unpaid)
So 4 weeks paid 2 sick/personal and 5 occurrences totaling 5 weeks and 2 days off