Yellow | simple solution

I'm trying to think of something positive that Dollar Bill has done since coming to power. Hummmmm , I seem to be drawing a blank.

When he comes to visit your terminal it is always spotless is it not ?
His visits keep your equipment and dock painted and clean. That's the only time they clean the bathrooms here in SLC.

Playing Devils advocate

but Yellow has and does make money.....however I am not a fan of Zollars......Myers did a remarkable job with Yellow and at Waste management he has brought them back from the brink of bankruptcy(teamster job also)
If you look at the past 10 yrs Yellow has operated in the black...matter of fact in the 94 /95 range few times.....All of the bickering aside they really are a great company to work for.....as far as trucking can be good lol............I do think they bit off a bit much when they bought Holland after just buying Roadway and that paperwork ink not being dry.
I do blame the economy for alot of the things that are happening now but not all......look around everyone is hurting.......and to the guy that said shut down roadway new penn........no way they are my brothers......just so you guys know not all people at yellow think like this person......:1036316054:

I have been contemplating a purchase of YRC stock, both for myself and a pension fund which I sit on the board of. I find it troubling that so many employees seem un happy. The anger is very understandable, no one wants to take a pay cut. Do you guys think a pay cut will fix the problem, or is just the first step in a slow death of YRC? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been contemplating a purchase of YRC stock, both for myself and a pension fund which I sit on the board of. I find it troubling that so many employees seem un happy. The anger is very understandable, no one wants to take a pay cut. Do you guys think a pay cut will fix the problem, or is just the first step in a slow death of YRC? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Has it ever? Have any of the companies, in this, or any other industry, that have negotiated wage/benefit concessions from their employees, ever survived? If so, for how long after the concessions were enacted? Answer those questions, and your answer might become obvious.:TR10driving03:

Thank you, I fear you are right. Has anyone given any thought to having the Teamsters Pension Fund buy YRC stock? At these prices a few million bucks might buy enough shares to get the the union a seat on the board. Of course the question is , Is buying YRC stock A wise investment, for the fund or anyone else?

Or Plan B :
40,000 YRC employees Buy $1,000.00 of stock apiece.

40,000x 1,000 = 40 million

40million = 8 million shares at $5 per share

Then vote your proxies as a block, that should get the boards attention. Also, it would show outsideinvestors that the employees believe in YRC enough to put their own money on the line.

I'm holding on to mine until after the vote, it will at least double. Then I'm selling it before it tanks again (after 4q report)

Good point

Or Plan B :
40,000 YRC employees Buy $1,000.00 of stock apiece.

40,000x 1,000 = 40 million

40million = 8 million shares at $5 per share

Then vote your proxies as a block, that should get the boards attention. Also, it would show outsideinvestors that the employees believe in YRC enough to put their own money on the line.
You make a good point and I for one would like to see it, However, if the economy does not turn around before 2010 and more capacity is not taken out of the transportation system as a whole the investment would be risky; but the rewards would be great also. Jeffrey Gendel is still out there and he bought in around $16. He has taken it on the chin unless he has done some buying at $1 or $2. Either way my point is that, he must have seen the potential or something positive or else he would not of wasted $48 million. He is pretty good at what he does. The company did good with the economy booming but as with many industries that need high cash flow, Times have become very difficult. The company can not control the economy therefor I do not believe there is a good answer here. Just a gamble with very good rewards for all involved if it does survive.
I think the pensions could afford a small investment and buy a seat on the board. Also I think the company could show the employees they are part of the team buy replacing any concessions with stock that is locked in at todays value. VWAGS was right it could only help the moral and attitude of the people by including them. While not costing the company much money. Basically a cheap pacifier; That if the company does good so will the people who stand buy it.
:beerchug:
:USA:​

I'm familiar with Mr. Gendel, he also had a large position in Trinity Industries. I believe his outfit ,Tontine Partners , is having to liquidate a lot of their positions. This knocked the living hell out of Trinity's stock (TRN). Could the same thing have happened to YRC? Also, I understand Barclays unloaded a lot of there YRC stock. I find that troubling because Barclays has been a long tine holder and is usually very conservative.

but if they closed all those company's who blood would that leach of a company yellow have to suck and live off of.
facts are they cant make it by moving freight alone.
yrcw would be better off closing yellow and leaving the rest running and making money.
btw i have been biting my lip and staying away from this thread way to long .
and remember ya.ll started it and it wasnt a good idea

I have been buying stock lately....I have about 1000 shares...most of them I bought when it was at 1.56........:1036316054:
I hope you make a killing on it. That will mean a whole lot of guys are probably benifiting from a viable company also. :1036316054:

Thank you, I fear you are right. Has anyone given any thought to having the Teamsters Pension Fund buy YRC stock? At these prices a few million bucks might buy enough shares to get the the union a seat on the board. Of course the question is , Is buying YRC stock A wise investment, for the fund or anyone else?
We already have people on the board. Seems odd that someone that contols investing would not know that if you really were looking at investing there. :shrug:

now lets get along

Your opinion sucks!History shows that everything that Yellow touches turns to ****!If wasn't for Roadway carrying your *** you would have been gone a long time ago!The numbers don't lie.

come on boys, now lets get along, you will be working together, I just heard everything is going to be alright. Billy, just called and wants me to play golf on Wednesday:hysterical: after the final talks. :biglaugh: