XPO | Slipping bars

Don't have enough load bars to replace bad ones, couple of our forklifts have scales but don't work, even though it seems we have a forklift tech at our barn 2-3 times a week. Trash dumpster seems to take forever to be emptied. Hell, we even have a fuel pump that has had a leak for at least a couple months, albeit a small leak, but a leak nonetheless. Solution, keep putting absorbant down, it'll be fine. But hey, we keep getting those stupid ass pig trophies!
Hell are place is falling apart . The place looks like and abandoned barn. They hired the cheapest cleaners they could find and have them do the bare minimum. We a toilets that back up almost daily the plumber told (when after weeks of them not being functional) the sewer line needs major repair and they can't get approval to get them fixed. We had raw sewage on the floor for nearly a month till some called the board of health. They finally called someone into to temporally fix it before they got there when they got wind they were coming. The place reaked so bad . There's still to this day raw human waste along the baseboards and every crevice that they won't clean up.

There is a extreme reluctance to spen any money on what it takes to keep even the day to day neasessity to keep things going. The only thing I can contribute it to is making profits look larger to bump that share price even higher. In the mean time we can literally work in the ::shit::.

Last edited:
Hell are place is falling apart . The place looks like and abandoned barn. They hired the cheapest cleaners they could find and have them do the bare minimum. We a toilets that back up almost daily the plumber told (when after weeks of them not being functional) the sewer line needs major repair and they can't get approval to get them fixed. We had raw sewage on the floor for nearly a month till some called the board of health. They finally called someone into to temporally fix it before they got there when they got wind they were coming. The place reaked so bad . There's still to this day raw human waste along the baseboards and every crevice that they won't clean up.

There is a extreme reluctance to spen any money on what it takes to keep even the day to day neasessity to keep things going. The only thing I can contribute it to is making profits look larger to bump that share price even higher. In the mean time we can literally work in the :::shit:::.

This is what making money looks like up close.

Wall Street doesn't see slipping bars , leaking fuel pumps , overflowing dumpsters and phony damage numbers - or sewer lines that need repair and backed up toilets with sewage on the floor.

Bradley Jacobs has a billion dollars to make a merger or acquisition. And he can leverage to get $7 to $8 billion dollars more. XPO Logistics spends over $400 million a year on IT and has 1600 IT professionals. XPO has the ability with deep analytics to price according to the market BEFORE the market knows.

They predicted you would have a clogged sewer line. They predicted that someone wouldn't like the smell of raw sewage. They predicted that board of health was on the way. This was factored into the price of the lanes running out of your barn. XPO Logistics.

Wall Street doesn't see slipping bars , leaking fuel pumps , overflowing dumpsters and phony damage numbers - or sewer lines that need repair and backed up toilets with sewage on the floor.

Bradley Jacobs has a billion dollars to make a merger or acquisition. And he can leverage to get $7 to $8 billion dollars more. XPO Logistics spends over $400 million a year on IT and has 1600 IT professionals. XPO has the ability with deep analytics to price according to the market BEFORE the market knows.

They predicted you would have a clogged sewer line. They predicted that someone wouldn't like the smell of raw sewage. They predicted that board of health was on the way. This was factored into the price of the lanes running out of your barn. XPO Logistics.
The thing that puzzles me is how and why employees here think how there going to escape the cost cutting measures and have gainful employment in this atmosphere. I do not think we will see gains that parallel the gains that Xpo stock price will. They will keep us at the bare minimum they need and maybe a little below that to speed the climb in stock price.
It all a picture he is painting for investors . His gain will come from are sacrificing.

The thing that puzzles me is how and why employees here think how there going to escape the cost cutting measures and have gainful employment in this atmosphere. I do not think we will see gains that parallel the gains that Xpo stock price will. They will keep us at the bare minimum they need and maybe a little below that to speed the climb in stock price.
It all a picture he is painting for investors . His gain will come from are sacrificing.
In my view , most intelligent people see what's going on and understand as much as you can with what upper management chooses to share with everyday workers.

In other words , most people are at XPO Logistics LTL willingly. At some point you make a decision to leave , but until then , you use it for what it's worth.

In my view , most intelligent people see what's going on and understand as much as you can with what upper management chooses to share with everyday workers.

In other words , most people are at XPO Logistics LTL willingly. At some point you make a decision to leave , but until then , you use it for what it's worth.
I agree.

This has been going on for years with other companies in and out of trucking. It's just that the old Con-way excs had you in such a fog you didn't see it coming. I heard the stories on how Jerry D was and how other excs were, but at the end of the day they all had there price and had no cares for you when they took there money and ran. I agree with icuicp you use it until it is no use to you anymore. You have bash me in another thread for not staying with one company and getting seniority. I have used every place I work to advance my skills and knowledge of the trucking industry. I have done a lot in my 25years of driving and have a hell of a resume to prove it. This company is just another stepping stone in my career as a professional truck driver and nothing else. If for some reason I stay here till I retire then so be it, but the day I feel I can do better somewhere else I gone.

This has been going on for years with other companies in and out of trucking. It's just that the old Con-way excs had you in such a fog you didn't see it coming. I heard the stories on how Jerry D was and how other excs were, but at the end of the day they all had there price and had no cares for you when they took there money and ran. I agree with icuicp you use it until it is no use to you anymore. You have bash me in another thread for not staying with one company and getting seniority. I have used every place I work to advance my skills and knowledge of the trucking industry. I have done a lot in my 25years of driving and have a hell of a resume to prove it. This company is just another stepping stone in my career as a professional truck driver and nothing else. If for some reason I stay here till I retire then so be it, but the day I feel I can do better somewhere else I gone.
I wasn't bashing you for job jumping just making the point that you can't bitch about others seniority when they have made the choice to stay with the same employer.

I wasn't bashing you for job jumping just making the point that you can't bitch about others seniority when they have made the choice to stay with the same employer.
I just bitch about the one that think they deserve special treatment outside of the policies because of there seniority.

So snarky and so much attitude. I am jealous I didn't think to write this post. Well done.

The thing that puzzles me is how and why employees here think how there going to escape the cost cutting measures and have gainful employment in this atmosphere. His gain will come from are sacrificing.

Until it directly effects you. And this is your situation. Specifically. You are still pulling a great paycheck. And you want to get as many of those checks as possible before you go and start over new. Most people don't see it as gainful employment. They see it as an expiring asset. Once it's gone you will have to reinvest in yourself. Which will be fine in the long run. But short term, will in and of itself, take sacrifice.

Never mind the bars slipping , how about having bars at all? Hey management , if you want to cube out the trailers in a " safety cage " the trailers need functional bars.

Not able to cube out a trailer? That means more trailers to move less freight. That requires more drivers and equipment. It's cheaper ( and easier ) to maintain the equipment than hire new drivers. EBITDA.

Account executives ( salespeople ) . If you want to get more customers on a tight lane , good luck. No space on a trailer with effed up bars means that next day service just turned into 2 to 3 day service.

I took a empty trailer that had just been PM’d on a linehaul run this week (fresh grease and the mechanic forgot to put it back in service). When I opened the door to make sure it was empty, I noticed a couple of bars on the floor. I asked a mechanic if they repaired the safestack equipment during a PM and he said yes. I mentioned the bars on the floor. He told me they don’t have new bars. I’ll have to do a little digging with the shop manager and see what I can find.

Never mind the bars slipping , how about having bars at all? Hey management , if you want to cube out the trailers in a " safety cage " the trailers need functional bars.

Not able to cube out a trailer? That means more trailers to move less freight. That requires more drivers and equipment. It's cheaper ( and easier ) to maintain the equipment than hire new drivers. EBITDA.

Account executives ( salespeople ) . If you want to get more customers on a tight lane , good luck. No space on a trailer with effed up bars means that next day service just turned into 2 to 3 day service.

We are at the point where we old school load as much as possible waiting on a new trailer and then blast it with 30+ bills of little and ugly ::shit:: .

I took a empty trailer that had just been PM’d on a linehaul run this week (fresh grease and the mechanic forgot to put it back in service). When I opened the door to make sure it was empty, I noticed a couple of bars on the floor. I asked a mechanic if they repaired the safestack equipment during a PM and he said yes. I mentioned the bars on the floor. He told me they don’t have new bars. I’ll have to do a little digging with the shop manager and see what I can find.

I can't figure out what would be cheaper.... fixing the e-decks in the trailers or scrapping the trailers for new ones.

I can't figure out what would be cheaper.... fixing the e-decks in the trailers or scrapping the trailers for new ones.
It’s a good system and I like it when it’s used correctly. Too many still use bars out of sequence causing damage to the bars and freight. Also lots of people raising the bars with forklifts. What we need is maintenance and repairs, and the tools and parts to replace a bar when needed. I have complained for years about the lack of tools and bars, they actually had the Allen wrench and a new, complete bar in XNW the other night. It was refreshing! The worst is having a dock full of freight at the end of the night and the only empty you have has missing, bent or worn out bars. Just makes it that much more difficult to get out of there. Rant over.

It’s a good system and I like it when it’s used correctly. Too many still use bars out of sequence causing damage to the bars and freight. Also lots of people raising the bars with forklifts. What we need is maintenance and repairs, and the tools and parts to replace a bar when needed. I have complained for years about the lack of tools and bars, they actually had the Allen wrench and a new, complete bar in XNW the other night. It was refreshing! The worst is having a dock full of freight at the end of the night and the only empty you have has missing, bent or worn out bars. Just makes it that much more difficult to get out of there. Rant over.

Can't get them to go up with out using the forklifts. Damn bars are so bent and the rails are all twisted and mangled.

There’s a program coming out that will address a lot of the problems in the trailers. It also goes contrary to all the cut and gut speculation.