R&L | slow down city drivers!

tacoma03

TB Lurker
Credits
The best thing us city drivers can do is start slowing down a bit. If the company doesn't want to pay us with what's compatible with other companies in your area, lets cost them money.

My issue is the level of freight each driver is expected to do daily. For the area I do, each other carrier covers with 2 to 3 drivers each and most are dumbfounded when they hear how large an area each of our drivers cover. Im really starting to burn out trying to get everything done every day. Its just gotten to be too much.

I have learned that the right thing to do is show up on time and do my job. No rush, no short cuts and no worries. Be careful on slow downs-concerted job actions can be effective but if you get caught you are sure to lose your job and probably have a tough time finding another one.

I do my job and I feel I do it very well. I work steady and don't stop until the last stop's done.

Beyond that, if it's unreasonable I don't stress it. People, AND managers, need to learn from their own stupidity.