Yellow | "Snake Eyes" Back To Work At 211 After 4TH Firing!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
211 Road Driver Walt "Snake Eyes" T. was seen back at work last week after an 8 week "out of service/firing" suspension levied by YRC managers! This is at least the 4TH time he has been fired by Yellow/YRC managers for things such as refusing to drive rigs with faulty exhaust, refusing to pull loads with questionable haz-mat freight aboard, refusing to drive in a snow storm, and for his latest "alleged" violation....falsification of log books!

You would think by now that YRC would know that old "Snake Eyes" is probably one of the sharpest drivers in the system when it comes to knowing the contract, the DOT regulations, Haz-Mat Regs, Hours of Service, whistleblower protection, you name it....HE KNOWS! When will YRC learn?!

I heard that Local 24 did a good job representing him at the Over the Road Grievance Panel in Columbus, and that he got 2 weeks back pay, and his Health and Welfare payments paid back to the beginning of his suspension in May! Good to see you back Walt! We'll be looking for you on that Akron to Buffalo bid you're running every night! :banana:

[quote author=wolf link=topic=82174.msg848738#msg848738 date=1279557083]
Any idea why the back pay was on the short side? :popcorn:
[/quote] I saw that also, 2 weeks back pay, what a joke. In my humble opinion the pos company and bigger pos union split the difference. Fire a guy for obeying the law! Theres a surprise with these morons. Must be this guy wasn't one of those :buttkisser:!

Remember you can win 100 firing cases :iamnotworthy:
YRC just has to win one. :tribe:

DATE ISSUED: July 21, 1999

CASE NO.: 1999-STA-5

In the Matter of

DANNY JOHNSON,
Complainant

v.

ROADWAY EXPRESS, INC.,
Respondent

http://www.oalj.dol.gov/PUBLIC/WHISTLEBLOWER/DECISIONS/ALJ_DECISIONS/STA/99STA05A.HTM

Complainant, Mr. Danny Johnson (hereinafter "Johnson"), filed a complaint of discrimination with the Department of Labor, under Section 405 of the Act, against Roadway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Page 2]
Express, Inc. (hereinafter "Roadway"), alleging he was discriminatorily terminated by Roadway for calling off sick from February 13, 1995 through February 19, 1995. The complaint was investigated by the Department of Labor and found not to have merit. On August 31, 1998, the Secretary issued her Findings dismissing the complaint. (JX 1). By letter dated October 20, 1998, Johnson, through counsel, requested a hearing. (JX 2). Notices of hearing were issued on November 25, 1998 and January 20, 1999. After rescheduling the hearing, the matter was tried on May 11, 1999 through May 12, 1999, in Chicago, Illinois. In their pre-hearing submissions, both the complainant and respondent joined the issue of whether Mr. Johnson was discharged in violation of the STAA. On June 23, 1999, Roadway filed a motion to supplement the record in which it sought to have documents from the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana admitted into the record. On June 30, 1999, I issued an Order Denying Respondent's Motion to Supplement the Record in which I found that the evidence sought to be admitted was immaterial. Post- hearing briefs were filed by both the complainant and the respondent on July 7, 1999.

Ups is the same way you follow the rules and management tries to retaliate for doing so. In the ups feeders forum there is a perfect example of this. If something would happen to you on the road the company would turn it as your at fault for not following the proper procedures.

[quote author=wolf link=topic=82174.msg848738#msg848738 date=1279557083]
Any idea why the back pay was on the short side? :popcorn:
[/quote]He had to get his job back first! If you know Snake Eyes, I'm sure he's got plans to get that other 6 weeks back one way or another! Stay tuned! :hissy:

At what point does this begin to be considered harassment? how can a guy be fired 4 times and not have it stick? based on the story, he should have gotten full back pay, not two weeks!

Taking a plea agreement to get yourself put back on the job is not admitting guilt. The first step is to get a paycheck rolling in again. Once you accomplish that, you can finish the battle with them through the system, trying to get your back pay. If the facts are in his favor, this battle should continue until he gets justice.

I agree that if you fire me four times.....you better hope to hell that the final one sticks, because either way, you can speak to my attorney.

Let me say something about that pos. If you know anything about that pos you would want him to be there for you that man has fought Yellow so many times for other drivers in his own local and in many other local's. He will stand up for you if you are right he will not stand up for you if you are wrong Yellow would hold you by the contract and it was ok for Yellow not too. That pos would fight Yellow .That pos was out casted by the 407 because He would go toe to toe with the Ba. and the President because the 407 would not fight Yellow That pos was labeled as a trouble maker That pos know's the contract DOT rules I have great respect for that man WAY TO GO WALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!