Yellow | So is it 50-60 terminals or 200 terminals?

50-60 is the next two to three months. A total of about 200 over the next 18 months. I do not have any information on how this will affect the larger facilities, but I just can't see the 25 - 30 largest BB's moving in together. YRCW is looking to save money, so building a facility large enough to house both in locations like Bloomington, Portland, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Nashville, INDY so on and so forth is not going to happen. How they will manage these large facilities I do not know, but I don't think they will put them together.

50-60 is the next two to three months. A total of about 200 over the next 18 months. I do not have any information on how this will affect the larger facilities, but I just can't see the 25 - 30 largest BB's moving in together. YRCW is looking to save money, so building a facility large enough to house both in locations like Bloomington, Portland, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Nashville, INDY so on and so forth is not going to happen. How they will manage these large facilities I do not know, but I don't think they will put them together.

If I were guessing, I would say that one will be a break and the other will be an end-of-line. In Denver, they are only two blocks apart. I have heard that they would probably have one seniority board there. You could bid back and forth, the only difference is, you would turn left off Chambers onto Smith Road or you would turn right on your way to work.

is it specific that yrcw closing 200 terminals and combining yellow and roadway
or is it yrc worldwide closing 200 terminals is it specif where it is cutting?
or possibly ment as a little misleading so other parts of the company that might get affected?? just wondering

is it specific that yrcw closing 200 terminals and combining yellow and roadway
or is it yrc worldwide closing 200 terminals is it specif where it is cutting?
or possibly ment as a little misleading so other parts of the company that might get affected?? just wondering

Your question is a little confusing, but if I understand it, Yellow and Roadway are being merger into YellowRoadway. And the result will be the closing of about 200 terminals that will have to be sold. As far as other divisions, Zollars said they are always re-evaluating their status.

Your question is a little confusing, but if I understand it, Yellow and Roadway are being merger into YellowRoadway. And the result will be the closing of about 200 terminals that will have to be sold. As far as other divisions, Zollars said they are always re-evaluating their status.

I think he BZ said of the 200 terminals they would sell the one`s they own and stop leasing the one`s they don`t. Just a side note this could be his last act if this fails!

thank larry for that answer but i have listened to it a few times at the 3;58 and 4:00 minute marker on his speach he referrs to redundant service centers
not specific...... and he had already finished the merger talk and he talks of redundant service centers?(not specific)
listen to it carefully maybe i am overthinking this! but maybe it is just wishful thinking!

Bloomberg News

union - non union who makes more. old dominion is cleaning house on the ltl cutting yellows and roadways rates. they can't get enough guys at there chicago terminal to move the freight.

thank larry for that answer but i have listened to it a few times at the 3;58 and 4:00 minute marker on his speach he referrs to redundant service centers
not specific...... and he had already finished the merger talk and he talks of redundant service centers?(not specific)
listen to it carefully maybe i am overthinking this! but maybe it is just wishful thinking!

Bloomberg News

Redundant service centers means they have two or more doing the same thing and they will get rid of the excess. Any place where there is a rental and an ownership, they will get rid of the rental. I'm sure there will be a few exceptions. But the end result will be that every area will be serviced by a YellowRoadway service center. There will be no overlap or redundancy, because there will be only one company. Too many people are trying to live in a fantasy world and not accept this.

He does say about 200 Terminals closing.....They also show 20 million mile reduction in linehaul year.

I couldn't get the link above to operate so I have this You Tube one in case anyone else has a problem............

Spotlight: YRC Worldwide