FedEx Freight | So what is their next move?

So, trying to be "like FedEx" was the final nail? Granted, the list FedEx alumni who migrated to Yellow/YRC is long. And they obviously brought methods and strategy with them. Some good, some unacceptable.

Maybe the should have tried to be more like a different LTL. Starting slower instead of trying to force feed drastic change on voting members. Pure speculation here, casual observation. Nothing more.
Hey not trying to argue with you just merely saying what the strategy was. Also not pointing out if leadership is a cancer or not.. Truth is they had some very good talent that moved over from FDXF that will be without jobs also if they close. This has been years in the making so it was not just this one strategy at the end of the day that is to blame. However they did try to move to that model and the road blocks on both sides could not be overcome.

So, trying to be "like FedEx" was the final nail? Granted, the list FedEx alumni who migrated to Yellow/YRC is long. And they obviously brought methods and strategy with them. Some good, some unacceptable.

Maybe the should have tried to be more like a different LTL. Starting slower instead of trying to force feed drastic change on voting members. Pure speculation here, casual observation. Nothing more.
There's a reason they were FedEx rejects. So they couldn't get non union to follow their crazy policies. Let try on union. What could go wrong?

There's a reason they were FedEx rejects. So they couldn't get non union to follow their crazy policies. Let try on union. What could go wrong?
I disagree with your statement on the FDX rejects. We lost some dang good folks and some bright folks because like a lot of us were Fedup with the BS They took an opportunity on a gamble. We have lost some very bright individuals at the hands of how this company treats folks. Now I am sure some are gone that are better than others however to call them FDX rejects shows a lot about what you know.

I disagree with your statement on the FDX rejects. We lost some dang good folks and some bright folks because like a lot of us were Fedup with the BS They took an opportunity on a gamble. We have lost some very bright individuals at the hands of how this company treats folks. Now I am sure some are gone that are better than others however to call them FDX rejects shows a lot about what you know.
My apologies on making a blanketstatement. Should have been more specific. Referring to Darrel H, and Bill C. Some of the worst management I've ever been around. Not to mention heartless towards associates.

Those two are why we lost some of the best and most respected management in Nashville. Nashville has never recovered and that been almost a decade ago...

Hell nasvegas we love ya man ! Where's Stimpy to lighten things up , nevermind he's at Onecoulpe's camp site man .

I thank you and all our members for the info and horror stories we all have been put through . Stick around we need

you Sir , all of you makes this a fun site to vent off just don't do over the edge or I'll send you down to Stimpy's office and we all know what he will or to do just for fun :732:

Smokestack

My apologies on making a blanketstatement. Should have been more specific. Referring to Darrel H, and Bill C. Some of the worst management I've ever been around. Not to mention heartless towards associates.

Those two are why we lost some of the best and most respected management in Nashville. Nashville has never recovered and that been almost a decade ago...
No worries... I remember those days very clearly and you are very correct I think more areas other than NAS have never recovered from those times. The Cherry times where so fun and great... Everyone was so chipper to provide that Purple Kool-aid. Trump1

Funny (NOT) that the ONLY lender willing to risk further financing was the U.S. Government. I would not loan money to a company with long term negative margins (losses), not even able to break even. But collectively we have, under the name Uncle Sam, and are already on the hook for 30%. More if you factor in The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) - A U.S. Government agency.

Not sure who to blame. Poor managment long term, mostly (obviously). Some like to blame Teamsters, but other Teamster carriers are doing well, profitable AND paying dividends at ABF, for example.
I think at least at one time yellow/yrc was a company the US govt couldn’t afford to let fail. Sometimes it’s a be careful what you wish for. It could have very large impacts on vital freight lanes. If yellow just sinks the slack isn’t going to be instantaneously absorbed. I think that is why the govt has been so willing to bail them out.

That's exactly what they want. If you quit, they don't have to pay your unemployment.
Yes... natural attrition... Why furlough has been strung out... they want the benefits of being staffed without the cost that comes with it. Also it is a media debacle if communication has to be released about layoffs. It is all a game to keep public views as positive and stock price up at the expense of hourly employees. Corporate greed.

Yes... natural attrition... Why furlough has been strung out... they want the benefits of being staffed without the cost that comes with it. Also it is a media debacle if communication has to be released about layoffs. It is all a game to keep public views as positive and stock price up at the expense of hourly employees. Corporate greed.
PREACH!!!!

Can't forget Thompson, especially since they all went skinny dipping up around Chicago.

Him and Cherry were two peas in a ****ed up management pod. Lets treat freight like its express what could go wrong.

Lance is no better than them two, hes even more of a snake in the grass type. (Had the displeasure to meet the ****er) Only hope is eventually First takes the reins, hes a good guy.