So where were you during the great blackout of 2023?

When Truckingboards was off line a few hours.
I sat here in front of a blank desktop computer waiting for TB to come back. Next time at least put the RCA Indian Head test screen up, (like old time television late night sign off), so I will have something educational & entertaining to pass the time. As a young lad, (back in the days of black & white only television), I would often stay up all night after sign off & watch that Native American Chief with the feathers till daylight came & the playing of the Star Spangled Banner started another day of broadcasting.

I sat here in front of a blank desktop computer waiting for TB to come back. Next time at least put the RCA Indian Head test screen up, (like old time television late night sign off), so I will have something educational & entertaining to pass the time. As a young lad, (back in the days of black & white only television), I would often stay up all night after sign off & watch that Native American Chief with the feathers till daylight came & the playing of the Star Spangled Banner started another day of broadcasting.

98A96029-8E0C-4DF0-85BF-D4AD5774B22F.md.png

Did the amount of feathers change?
No, it was always the same amount. I just needed the practice to count higher than the number of fingers I have. I also enjoyed watching the RCA dog, Nipper, on the face of our old RCA radio with the words "His Master's Voice".