FedEx Freight | So your interested in coming to FDXF for a driving job?

God Bless ya Brother , many of us know what 600 miles is but did not see that kind of money.

I still and will say - Stay away from driving LTL city work. (truck driving period)
Absolutely.
Not factoring in ai, and it's still a sub-par existance. City destroys your body,as well as the road. One beats up your knees, back, ankles, the other kills you due to the sedatory lifestyle.
Good luck being able to enjoy retirement at age 63+.You're either beaten up, or diabetic and obese.

All that for mudiocre pay, dog$hit benefits, a pension that grows at a snail's pace, and constant threat of being sold, or going contractor?

Where do I sign?!?!

Stay in school, kids. Get a STEM job.

I'm not saying we don't need drivers, just let someone else be that sucker.

Absolutely.
Not factoring in ai, and it's still a sub-par existance. City destroys your body,as well as the road. One beats up your knees, back, ankles, the other kills you due to the sedatory lifestyle.
Good luck being able to enjoy retirement at age 63+.You're either beaten up, or diabetic and obese.

All that for mudiocre pay, dog$hit benefits, a pension that grows at a snail's pace, and constant threat of being sold, or going contractor?

Where do I sign?!?!

Stay in school, kids. Get a STEM job.

I'm not saying we don't need drivers, just let someone else be that sucker.
600 mile runs pay pretty good, but at 65 miles a hour. Long days, and later in life. Blood clots, prostate issues, and if not exercising. You will be overweight.

600 mile runs pay pretty good, but at 65 miles a hour. Long days, and later in life. Blood clots, prostate issues, and if not exercising. You will be overweight.
I think our long runs were about 530.
I weighed 255 while working, but thanks to Mama's fussing and squirrel gravy, I'm a slim, trim 190.
There were not enough sleeping spots for me to make 530.

Assuming one is at a location that has runs that do 600+, you're looking at what, 20+yrs to get that job?
That's a LOT of years of nights, which are proven to increase risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.

No way you slice it, you're not leaving the job healthy.

Assuming one is at a location that has runs that do 600+, you're looking at what, 20+yrs to get that job?
That's a LOT of years of nights, which are proven to increase risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.

300 or so miles, an 8 hour day as a road driver makes the most money per hour. Any time worked over 8 hours you're working cheap since you're not getting OT rate on the road.

No way.. at my hub you can land a 650 mile day meet in about 3-5 years. Granted you can just run extraboard and land them 2-3 days a week so that way the other days you can run something shorter

We have 3 runs that do 600+ miles. In total it’s about 15 spots

No way.. at my hub you can land a 650 mile day meet in about 3-5 years. Granted you can just run extraboard and land them 2-3 days a week so that way the other days you can run something shorter

We have 3 runs that do 600+ miles. In total it’s about 15 spots

I plan on being extraboard until I land the run I want, which will take a while. It's a 530 mile meet. It's the only run that'd I'd be willing to give up not slip seating for.

I plan on being extraboard until I land the run I want, which will take a while. It's a 530 mile meet. It's the only run that'd I'd be willing to give up not slip seating for.
Those 530 mile runs seem to be the decent landing spot. Not too long not too short

I’m extraboard as well by choice. I hate slip-seating but it also gives me the chance to create my week sorta

Those 530 mile runs seem to be the decent landing spot. Not too long not too short

I’m extraboard as well by choice. I hate slip-seating but it also gives me the chance to create my week sorta
Surely you jest.
An Atlanta turn paid 524, 6 of those were definitely a mankiller.
You whippersnappers are too tough for me.