Yellow | Some Questions

mudhole

TB Lurker
Credits
:busted_blue:The change brings some questions. I was at both PNJ and QNS the other day and they said the UTE will not be allowed on their dock. Is this true? The contract allows UTE to work on any dock. At the large barns, freight has to be staged on the dock. Will velocity be staged in a different location and will there be a way to pull UTE freight going to velocity? Since velocity requires a definitive closing time on the trailer door, that means some freight will not be on the trailer. Instead of running high and tight there will be trailers with 50% to 80% capacity to meet the time frames. All the meet and greets are time sensitive. This will create a need for ANOTHER TRAILER to handle the rest of the freight. MORE TRAILERS,MORE DRIVERS! They will need to hire.Yellow is expecting an increase in volume,this could be a good thing for us. Are these dangerous waters? Check out Yahoo Financial news under Fed Ex. They are posting their first losing quarter in over a decade.(10 years).:woot:

Looking at the map that was sent out for the Utility COO , it looks like MBK will run both PNJ and QNS and many other terminals in New York and New Jersey. Whether MBK drivers will work the dock at these terminals, I don't know. It seems that MBK is the only break terminal to have UE drivers. Around STL, the satellites will have UE drivers running to us instead of the way they will do it in the Northeast. The terminals in the NY/NJ area could have work rules that won't allow foreign drivers working their docks.

Some of the terms in the ny/nj metro area have longshoreman working the docks and I doubt you will have UE drivers on their dock:chairshot:Maybrook is a teamster dock..