R&L | Something else to think about....

Credits
With all the BS flying around I thought how about everyone post something they would like to see changed. ONE ITEM OR SUGGESTION ONLY... Nothing about bad management or anything like that. I hope i'm not the only one the bs is getting too. (YES EVEN I'M GETTING TIRED OF IT) I'll start...

I'd like to see all the L/H paperwork changed or simplified......

With all the BS flying around I thought how about everyone post something they would like to see changed. ONE ITEM OR SUGGESTION ONLY... Nothing about bad management or anything like that. I hope i'm not the only one the bs is getting too. (YES EVEN I'M GETTING TIRED OF IT) I'll start...

I'd like to see all the L/H paperwork changed or simplified......
we were told in scr that at some point the pay sheets were supposed to be eliminated and we were to be paid by when we punch the scanner. that was a while back though that i heard that and it hasn't happened yet.

we were told in scr that at some point the pay sheets were supposed to be eliminated and we were to be paid by when we punch the scanner. that was a while back though that i heard that and it hasn't happened yet.
I hope not ,in the last 3 weeks i've had 5 scanners and every single one of them would not let me punch my arrival at the slip point it would only let me punch thjat i was Departing the terminal

i would like to see a more uniform payscale for linehaul.not a set rate,maybe milage plus hourly rate after your cut time

:nono:what one thing do i want.just the truth.to have the company open and honest about tje future of the drivers.we here so much b.s.,many conflicting stories.almost seems like a smokescreen to hide what is going on.i dont expect the company to let out things that would compromise their market position, but why keep the drivers so unsure. yes, i know some of you will say you are not unsure,and i hope you are right, but from where i stand, (still hanging on team driver)looks very confusing.why are we buying all of these outside carriers . for their customers, equipment,drivers?? cant be drivers as many as they have let quit by starving them out,out of frustration ,or just tired of the b.s. was told a wil. for those of you who have said senior is back,he has made the statement paramount will succeed what ever it takes.since they are taking my work i guess that means we are expendable.like i said in previous post,all you linehayl drivers who consider yourselves safe, watch your back.you may be next.like i dsaid the truth would go a long way.

I say that anyone and everyone who makes decisions that affect drivers and their performance of their duties should have to spend a week on the road with a driver of their choice each day, be they planners, dispatchers, customer service, whatever...

This should be standard procedure at every terminal.

That might finally put a stop to the residentials with no appointment, or worse, FAKE appointments...

This might open a can of worms but, I would like to see Linehaul and City drivers seperated or divided.

Senority and bids. Like have a #1 driver on the linehaul board, and a #1 driver on city board. No hoppin' around. Out of all the LTL big contenders, I think R+L is the only one who throws all drivers in the same pool.

Please don't try to make us like everyone else. A part of me does agree with you on the jumping around thing,but try to think it through and put yourself in their shoes. If a city driver has been on days and home with his family every night he has basically had a regular job. Most linehauls run at night,but we make more money. Everyone would like to have a daytime linehaul,but the odds are slim. The choices are either you are home with your family at night or you are making more money. What you need or can handle is up to you. I have seen plenty of city guys try to jump on a linehaul bid and then realize that they are not use to driving that much. Some make it and some don't. What I think would be fair is to put you on the wild board for 6 months if you want to switch over. It would give you a taste of all the driving at night and everyone would FEEL as if you had paid your dues when a good bid did come open. As far as switching onto the city the same concept goes there,after 6 months you could bid on a good city bid that comes open. If you can handle dealing with all the customers.

I think thier is to much seperation already. From what I see at my terminal we need to have some unity. Everyone needs to work towards a common goal from all points.

I think further division will only cause more animosity.

Just my 2 cents.

My suggestion is really simple, Can we go back to the old logbook format? Cuz this new and improved one sucks.........

Senority and bids. Like have a #1 driver on the linehaul board, and a #1 driver on city board. No hoppin' around. Out of all the LTL big contenders, I think R+L is the only one who throws all drivers in the same pool.

Is your CDL any different than anyone elses here @ R+L?? I was hired as a driver just like you were. Holding a steering wheel in the dark or holding it during the day shouldn't change anyones bidding options. If I choose to pedal freight for 15 years then decide to run L/H @ the age of 50 then I should be able to bid on an open run with my hire date.

Most linehauls run at night,but we make more money. Everyone would like to have a daytime linehaul,but the odds are slim. The choices are either you are home with your family at night or you are making more money.
Your opionion on L/H makes more than pedal $$ may be wrong. I know what our L/H runs make a day and I beg to differ.

You people must be from terminals that are close to other terminals. I know that there are some terminals that don't really have many or any good linehaul runs,it happens. Too many people living too close together. Most of our runs pay an AVERAGE of about200$ a day,and most are more than the average. I don't see many city guys making a grand a week,but it is possible. Our top pay is 23.47 an hour,but they don't get 9 or 10 hours a day. If your top pay is more than that it might be possible to make that grand. Different terminals have a different top pay,it depends on where you live and the cost of living there.

Is your CDL any different than anyone elses here @ R+L?? I was hired as a driver just like you were. Holding a steering wheel in the dark or holding it during the day shouldn't change anyones bidding options. If I choose to pedal freight for 15 years then decide to run L/H @ the age of 50 then I should be able to bid on an open run with my hire date.

I think maybe he takes offence to city drivers doing extra linehaul runs for more money.