FedEx Freight | Something is coming down

Jinx......Dont be so thrilled that they are hiring part-timers...

After all they work for almost 1/2 the wages you work for...and they are ultimately going to cut your hours....it's a trend that's spreading like wildfire.....bottom line it's....Save the almighty DOLLAR

Didn't say I was thrilled. I don't even run CGT, got the info from one of our drivers that does. Just passing on info.

I can tell you what's up but it's not gonna make the road guys happy...

As we all can see, freight levels are up :clap: and expected to continue to rise significantly. Now, in order to maintain efficiencies, target numbers, B-4 noon del. etc., they are going to need more city guys on the street earlier, so they will not be able to work the dock. Dock will be covered with more part timers.

There will be additional road runs that have to be covered. These will be covered (for now) with city drivers covering the shortest runs, from the bottom up.

The reason for this is the fact that there is no way to be certain how long the freight levels will stay higher. In about 2 months we'll be entering the historically slower time of year. They don't want to go out there and hire a bunch of people only to have to lay them off in 2-3 months. It makes sense to put drivers back in the truck and hire part timers to work the dock.

City opperations will have some new bids to reflect these changes. Road will remain unchanged (for now) with existing rules in effect for covering runs, and city drivers covering the leftover.

Just the facts as they've been explained to us...

:shift:

The hub I run to used to post the day before numbers as far as "on time departures" and such..... But no more.... I see lots of guys leaving late,,,, due to keeping them trying to work the dock..............

so what you are saying is after the extra board is exhausted they will put city drivers on long runs? or will they use drivers on the shortest bid runs and then use the city drivers to cover the short runs?

so what you are saying is after the extra board is exhausted they will put city drivers on long runs? or will they use drivers on the shortest bid runs and then use the city drivers to cover the short runs?

That's the way it supposed to happen. City on shorter runs.

i think they figured out they cut to many people. transfered to many people. they picked up to much freight and not enough bodies to cover it all. in a nut shell they ****ed up and its biting them in the ***.

Until they see how PT works in the NW winter. These guys can hardly back up. Navigating Snoqualmie with chains and wind? I'll buy the popcorn for that show.

They won't navigate anything in the snow. They just park.
Last winter we had PT that was two and three days late due to weather. Not because the roads were closed, just because of weather. I mean, doesn't everyone know that chains are only for emergencies, to get you somewhere safe to hide? You know, if it's bad enough for chains, it's too dangerous for us to be out there. Works for me, I've got a sleeping bag, food and portable DVD player in my winter gear.