Somethings wrong here.

Without knowing the details of the crash and to comment on "somethings wrong here", it happened in N.C. and that is what is wrong.

A couple of days ago I was traveling in the right lane of 2 southbound lanes on a divided highway. A ramp came off another highway and fed traffic into the left lane. A TT (I won't mention the company) coming off that ramp shot right over both lanes instead of staying in the left lane until the right lane was clear for him to come over. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid rear ending him. I wished I was using my dash cam for that one. Point is, not all of us driving TT are the brightest bulbs in the box.

A couple of days ago I was traveling in the right lane of 2 southbound lanes on a divided highway. A ramp came off another highway and fed traffic into the left lane. A TT (I won't mention the company) coming off that ramp shot right over both lanes instead of staying in the left lane until the right lane was clear for him to come over. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid rear ending him. I wished I was using my dash cam for that one. Point is, not all of us driving TT are the brightest bulbs in the box.
If I was any brighter I'd have been a mechanical engineer. :bananag:

Without knowing the details of the crash and to comment on "somethings wrong here", it happened in N.C. and that is what is wrong.
Oh my goodness, another against NC?
NC, in my opinion, denotes No Concern, and is also known as Not California.
I'm from Kookifornia, so let it rip.

"It happened in (add your state) is the problem."

For those truck drivers that drive trucks like their cars, SUCH ACCIDENTS, as this thread represents, ARE THEIR FAULT!

I see these actions everywhere yet, so far, not like 4 wheelers cutting across lanes to make a dash for a exit....so far.
Obviously that "driver" is of the "no left lane AT ALL" type "driver".
There's another way to avoid "slamming on brakes" and it is simply releasing the accelerator or disengaging the cruise after LOOKING FORWARD (usually at least 10 seconds ahead when/where possible).

Never Underestimate The Predictability Of Stupidity!! (from the movie SNATCH)

Show me a vehicle travelling down the highway under its own power or being controlled by a human, and I'll show you an idiot...just don't show me to me.

I see these actions everywhere yet, so far, not like 4 wheelers cutting across lanes to make a dash for a exit....so far.
Obviously that "driver" is of the "no left lane AT ALL" type "driver".
There's another way to avoid "slamming on brakes" and it is simply releasing the accelerator or disengaging the cruise after LOOKING FORWARD (usually at least 10 seconds ahead when/where possible).

Never Underestimate The Predictability Of Stupidity!! (from the movie SNATCH)

No issues with what you say here, but when a driver abruptly cuts in front of you just as you're about to over take him (because you're running at normal highway speed as he's coming down a ramp), it's a situation where looking forward may not always give you any advantage. It's the same as if you were in the left lane and someone came down a ramp on the right and came across both lanes and abruptly cut in front of you in the left lane. Not something you would normally expect, but yes, something you should prepare for just in case. And "slamming on the brakes" was meant in the figurative sense and not literally.