Yellow | Southern Conference Modified Seniority Bump

imported_MRjlm66

TB Lurker
Credits
Would like more info on this practice.
Is it local, joint council or multiple states?
How many times can it be used by one person?
If you use the bump do you stay at that location permanent?
Any more info would be helpful.

If you are in the southhern conference and you get laid off you can use your seniority to bump in at any other terminak that is hiring. From my observation it has been used by the company to essentially get a free move. They want drivers in Dallas and'they have been coming from Memphis.

If you are in the southhern conference and you get laid off you can use your seniority to bump in at any other terminak that is hiring. From my observation it has been used by the company to essentially get a free move. They want drivers in Dallas and'they have been coming from Memphis.

The company does not pay for moves on modified senority.If you are laid off,you can bump into any terminal in the conference,as long as no one is laid off in your classification.You can bump back in the same circumstances.Modified can't be utilized on a COO.

Thanks guys for the replies. :1036316054:
So if someone is able to move in the conference under these rules.
How big is ones conference?
Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Asheville, NC...

Southern modified seniority applies only to road drivers... A road driver in the southern conference, once laid off, can go anywhere in the southern region where drivers, that are junior to him, are actively working...

A layed off driver in the south has 30 days from date of lay off to exercise his option. Once he elects to bump a terminal that has drivers junior to him still working, he has to physically post a bump notice at that terminal and will become active on that board 48 hours from the posted bump notice...

If a junior driver at the affected terminal is laid off as a consequence of a modified bump, he is eligible to do the same anywhere in the south where he can exercise his seniority in the same manner...

Recall rights back to one's original domicile are a bit complicated... If you're interested in how recall rights work, let me know and I'll go into it more, later...

The company knows how the system works and the free move I was talking about is because noone can go anywhere but Dallas. This gives them a free move versus having a change of ops which costs. It accomplishes the same
goal. They want more drivers in Dallas.

Maybe I'm being cynical here, but, why should you have to move to chase freight? I'm just thinking this:
There is plenty of freight around the country to pull, depending on what you're willing to work for, with, and under what conditions. We were hired on because they had the freight to move. Now, all of a sudden, we are being told, "No, no, we can't have all these drivers, you're laid off!" ....Then, they turn around, and say, "Hey, you laid off guys, there's a chance you can keep your jobs, go move to this place....130-1,300 miles away....You'll be able to keep your company seniority, but you'll be at the bottom of the terminal seniority, oh, and by the way, we want you to move, but we don't want to pay for it. Let us know." Yeah, there's something I want to do, pack up my entire family and everything that my family and I has, and move to some strange place and need to meet different friends. Oh yeah, by the way, when they lay you off at the terminal you moved to? Your references, yeah, they're down the tubes, because you don't talk to them anymore, don't visit, and whatever else. This whole Roadway stuff is leaving me with mixed feelings, most of them leaving a poor taste in my mouth.

I know, I'm probably being bitter about this, but Roadway has left me in a poor position all the way around when they decided to treat us like they did.

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Asheville, NC...

Southern modified seniority applies only to road drivers... A road driver in the southern conference, once laid off, can go anywhere in the southern region where drivers, that are junior to him, are actively working...

A layed off driver in the south has 30 days from date of lay off to exercise his option. Once he elects to bump a terminal that has drivers junior to him still working, he has to physically post a bump notice at that terminal and will become active on that board 48 hours from the posted bump notice...

If a junior driver at the affected terminal is laid off as a consequence of a modified bump, he is eligible to do the same anywhere in the south where he can exercise his seniority in the same manner...

Recall rights back to one's original domicile are a bit complicated... If you're interested in how recall rights work, let me know and I'll go into it more, later...

Ditto!....this post has the seal of approval from KK!.....kk