XPO | speaking of ignorance...

Sterling

TB Lurker
Credits
We hear that XCO just got a new scm... the word is hes a real jacka**. any one know the details?... we heard he has fired some drivers just within the last couple days....

Sterling said:
We hear that XCO just got a new scm... the word is hes a real jacka**. any one know the details?... we heard he has fired some drivers just within the last couple days....

He has not fired anyone as of this post. I haven't dealt with him much so I can't say how he acts on a daily basis. On the occations I have spoken with him he seems like a nice enough guy... He is VERY "By the Book" if policy says XXX than XXX is what will happen... Which is a good change from recent times when policy was only enforced/used when it benefited the SCM and only on certain people while others got away with near anything...

I don't know how things will shape up in the future but there will be adjustment pains.. and people who have not had to follow policy for the last 8 years are going to get a rude awakening when they become forced to...

Mozartsghost said:
He has not fired anyone as of this post. I haven't dealt with him much so I can't say how he acts on a daily basis. On the occations I have spoken with him he seems like a nice enough guy... He is VERY "By the Book" if policy says XXX than XXX is what will happen... Which is a good change from recent times when policy was only enforced/used when it benefited the SCM and only on certain people while others got away with near anything...

I don't know how things will shape up in the future but there will be adjustment pains.. and people who have not had to follow policy for the last 8 years are going to get a rude awakening when they become forced to...

The upside of working for a guy like that, is you know where you stand. It's better then a guy who flip flops when ever he feel's like it.:police:

If they want you to go by the rules,Then do it 100% by the book.No pulling red tags,over weights,no stacking on skids that say not to,logs and breaks.Everything by the book.Do a full P T I before you leave and when you get in,They hate that one.When they don't follow the rules slam them with the same rule book.

Sterling said:
no
but he has wrote up a few people for talking on the dock.

brutus said:
no

He didn't... I asked the guys that were supposedly written up...

The FOS was in his office and when he came out he saw several guys standing around talking... The FOS went over and threatened to write them up for talking... Apparently he just got chewed out and took it out on those guys...

Whats this I hear that XCO wants to put a card reader on the breakroom door. In order to get in you have to swipe your ID tag? What do they want to compare how many drivers go into the breakroom and compare it with how much water they use in the bathroom ?? Whats next PAY toilets ?

dodge ram said:
Whats this I hear that XCO wants to put a card reader on the breakroom door. In order to get in you have to swipe your ID tag? What do they want to compare how many drivers go into the breakroom and compare it with how much water they use in the bathroom ?? Whats next PAY toilets ?

It wouldn't surprise me one :censored2:ing bit.

brutus said:
no
you mean to tell me that you guy's get wrote up for talking on the dock. how do they know if your talking about freight or company buisness. it's pretty d*** bad when you can't talk to a fellow employee. it's not that bad down south yet.

justrucking14 said:
you mean to tell me that you guy's get wrote up for talking on the dock. how do they know if your talking about freight or company buisness. it's pretty d*** bad when you can't talk to a fellow employee. it's not that bad down south yet.

I don't know about that, years ago I was in NAT and stopped to talk to a guy that was smoking with five or six other guys on the rail. The FOS came by and told me to get to work. I asked him why I couldn't take a break and stand there and talk like the rest of these guys. He said it was because I didn't smoke. So....I bummed a cigarette.

dodge ram said:
That a great Idea,How about paid parking for our cars.What a great way to give something back to the team.What service center our you from,I'm sending you a star card.

dodge ram said:

Hasn't happened yet but would not surprise me, but by god better have your shirt tucked in, back belt on and by no means going the wrong way in the yard. He is writing people up for that. Yet he don't seem to care that half of the freight comming in from daytime line haul is allways damaged, 4-5 road drivers not driving about every night and every one is starting to wonder what the hell is going on. I would think any smart person would try to take care things that matter and that is good for business and not try to change things that just **** people off.

xco_dsr said:
Hasn't happened yet but would not surprise me, but by god better have your shirt tucked in, back belt on and by no means going the wrong way in the yard. He is writing people up for that. Yet he don't seem to care that half of the freight comming in from daytime line haul is allways damaged, 4-5 road drivers not driving about every night and every one is starting to wonder what the hell is going on. I would think any smart person would try to take care things that matter and that is good for business and not try to change things that just **** people off.

Typical Conway BS. It’s okay to F’up that $500,000 electrical panel for sake of load factor, but you’ll get a letter for not having that shirt tucked in or the right color of hat and it had better be facing the right way or you’ll earn a letter.