R&L | speed is going up in the buckeye

The countdown to July1 has begun!!:Banane01:

Until then everyone keep your foot out of it in the Buckeye. You know they'll bewanting to nail you on every little thing once the speed gets raised. I imagine that every traffic stop is going to come with a complimentary inspection to make up the loss of revenue.:busted_blue:

It's about time. I guess that this is a silver lining of the current economic mess. Alot of drivers have tried to avoid Ohio over the years just because of the slow speed limit. The amount you make per hour goes down when you get paid by the mile. If you travel through there alot and get paid by the mile you end up making less money at the end of the week. Over the years certain trucking companies have backed the slower speed limits because it made sure that their drivers got in their alloted hours per day. With the economic down turn and some of those companies in trouble the state of Ohio has realized that they need to compete with other states for the jobs,revenue,and taxes that come with more trucks running through their state. Maybe more and more states will become truck friendly now and appreciate how crucial we are to their tax base and revenue funding for their transportation projects.

It's about time the Buckeye figured out 55 sucks. Now if we can get the new Gov in ILL to realize this also the nation would be a better place. :TR10driving03:

As an american I support my President.:biglaugh:I don't agree with his politics. I know he is from Chicago not the real world of Illinois. Him and Blago was from the idea that southern Ill was the three mile band south of I 80. :duh:I hope the new Governor signs the 65 speed limit in to law when it hits his desk.