speed limit

I was talking to a Sysco Cleveland driver today he said Sysco Cleveland is now almost entirely 100% automatic except for 3 trucks that are older and slated for retirement.

He seemed to like Sysco, figured stuff was on pallets easy dock stops all automatic trucks. The first thing he asked me was you guys are 100% floor loaded at GFS? I said 100% pretty much no pallets here. Well that's not technically true, we do have accounts that request pallets and there stuff is put on pallets and management figures if it's over a certain cube and the warehouse can they do palatalize certain things, doesn't happen often, but it does happen. One hotel I used to do I think they are converting it to pallets, but there also going to single load it to and run it out of the warehouse. So it's pretty much coming off my truck.

We are all automatics

Last Monday I locked my self out of my truck in the middle of down town C-Town and while I was waiting for the boss to come from the yard and rescue me from my self ha-ha! A Sysco truck pulled up behind me it was a Freightliner Cascadia single axle and I climbed up on the passenger side to talk to him through the window and I noticed he had no shifter in his truck.

Speed here at GFS is about 63 miles per hour I think some of the older trucks can do 64-65, but mine tops out around 63.

Automatic freightliners is what Oklahoma has with the exception of one old rickety manual truck which I was going to use for the road test but as soon as the boss opened the door and saw all the trash he said "you know how to drive manual right"? I said yup and then we were off in an automatic which was nice.

at central pa. we are 65 but since we went to 65 we are constantly being written up for going over thought cameras werent for disiplenery reasons