ABF | starting pay for casual

Casual pay @ 051 terminal here in NC is $16.00 per hour. That's for dock. They make a little more as casual for working the yard. Like $2.00 dollars more.Either way for part time it's pretty decent. Freakzilla

It should be 16.00 if you are a Non-CDL casual, Dock Only, you can't go off the dock to do anything. If you have a CDL with Haz mat endorsement then you are a Combo casual, you can do any and all possible work and should receive 18.25, per the contract. You will only be paid for hours worked and you will not receive any benefit's until you are given a letter of hire and work for thirty days after you receive your letter. After that it will be two years from the day you get your letter until you are at full pay. Good Luck!

Benny Hill said:
It should be 16.00 if you are a Non-CDL casual, Dock Only, you can't go off the dock to do anything. If you have a CDL with Haz mat endorsement then you are a Combo casual, you can do any and all possible work and should receive 18.25, per the contract. You will only be paid for hours worked and you will not receive any benefit's until you are given a letter of hire and work for thirty days after you receive your letter. After that it will be two years from the day you get your letter until you are at full pay. Good Luck!
Not to butt in & I don't know anything about S.C. locals. But in local 560 here in N.J. a casual gets credit for each day worked.He must work 12 days in a month to be covered for medical benefits for the following month.
He must work 8 days to get credit towards a pension. And every day worked is credited toward vacation time

2631 said:
Not to butt in & I don't know anything about S.C. locals. But in local 560 here in N.J. a casual gets credit for each day worked.He must work 12 days in a month to be covered for medical benefits for the following month.
He must work 8 days to get credit towards a pension. And every day worked is credited toward vacation time
I should have also stated that was for the Central States Region, my fault.

I have no experience but have a class "A" license with all endorsements. Does ABF have night work or hire people with no experience? I check there website and have not much info on it.

bnpcamaro said:
Just wondering what starting pay for casual dock/p&d.
I am pretty sure the starting pay is $16.24 HR75% for the first year then 80% at 12monthes then 90% at 18 monthes then at 24 monthes 100%.

Sovereign said:
I have no experience but have a class "A" license with all endorsements. Does ABF have night work or hire people with no experience? I check there website and have not much info on it.
YES. ABF has hired 2 drivers with 0 days experience driveing at my yard 2 monthes ago. Just dont lie on app and fill everything out it will take about 4 to 5 weeks to get on .
Good luck, it is a good company I like it here.

Sovereign said:
Having a CDL is a big plus. Here in NJ if you are accepted they will work you on the dock & send you to their driver training class before letting you on the street.The last 10 casuals here didn't even have their CDLs. ABF let them practice in the yard & took them for their road tests.

Like 12Pack said make sure to fill out everything on your application. Don't lie or leave anything out, because they do check everything.

Good Luck.

Make sure you dot all your I's and cross all your T's also. Go over your application and reread it before handing it in.

ABF is VERY thorough but a great company