SAIA | Starting With Saia

Harb

TB Lurker
Credits
Got a few questions if anyone could help, I am start Saia on monday as a city driver until i get get on road board. I was told to wear blue pants and black boots, im assuming blue workpants? also what channel do you guys run on the cb thanks.

Wear blue work pants. Nothing too fancy or that you don't mind if it gets dirty or stained. Your boots will need to be steel toed. Don't really use cb much in my area.

Ok cool thanks guys, yea I tried to holler at a couple trucks i see running down to Cincinnati at night.

Been line haul for 8 years one of few that use cb I would say 95 percent of saia doesn't use them there are a few that do though. As other post stated 39 use to be the channel. Unless running with someone you will be hard pressed to find a saia driver on it . City drivers in our yard. Wear dark blue dickies pants or shorts and black belt and boots I am almost positive they require steel toes

Welcome! Question. Do the city drivers know what a cb is?
The only reason I use one, is i have the pleasure of running 6 mountain passes ranging from 1900 to 5000 in feet every day in winter. Other than that is an ez cruse to meet a wing nut meet driver!

Here is my take on the cb...the company does not install or provide them in the trucks. They are allowed but are not company equipment or property. Technically you are not allowed to speak on a cb when the wheels are turning. I know that most linehaul guys have one but they are not really needed for city drivers.