Yellow | Startup wants to put self-driving big rigs on US highways - No Jiffs allowed

I love that so many of these morons don't understand the frequency with which the guidelines this technology uses disappears in the snowbelt. All the testing on this autonomous technology is being done in California, Nevada and Arizona, where RAIN is rare. I'd like to see one of these autonomous rigs go over Donner Pass during a snowstorm without bugging out and requiring manual input.

Oh. I forgot. Those are "dangerous and unsafe" conditions, so the truck will be programmed to pull over when it can't see. How about construction zones? How about those times where human dispatchers think it's not that bad, only for the robot truck to refuse to leave?

Completely self driving trucks are a long way off, yet.

A Missouri state rep introduced a bill this last session to authorize a testing program for these type of trucks in the state of Missouri. The way I heard it explained they will have a driver in a lead truck and then a self driving truck will follow about 50 feet behind matching every move that the lead truck makes, speed, lane changes, turns etc. sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB2345&year=2016&code=R

A Missouri state rep introduced a bill this last session to authorize a testing program for these type of trucks in the state of Missouri. The way I heard it explained they will have a driver in a lead truck and then a self driving truck will follow about 50 feet behind matching every move that the lead truck makes, speed, lane changes, turns etc. sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB2345&year=2016&code=R
Film at 11 on big truck crash. I wonder if they get stopped for an inspection who gets the ticket computer or the ride along for city driving? Not so sure the computer could handle a blowout or other failure in a safe mannerand howdoes it check it's tires on a haz-mat load? :nuff said just the voices in my head talking to me