Steelers release Hines Ward

Hines was never a speedster to begin with, but ran a great route and was a great blocker. I've always liked the fact that he truly enjoyed playing the game of football. If I were him, and my options were to go elsewhere or retire,( and I wasn't ready to retire or leave Pittsburgh) I'd offer Pittsburgh something they couldn't refuse. I'd just about play for free if I had to. Then maybe could get football out of my system next year, and move on mentally. I hate these situations that show zero loyalty, but it's a business, and Hines' value as an asset is definitely reduced with this new wave of stars.

If he was in a race between a pregnant women, a guy in a wheelchair.... he'd finish 4th.

Love what he's done and his style. However, I think he's being outplayed by others on roster and for that reason alone should say its time to move on.

If he was in a race between a pregnant women, a guy in a wheelchair.... he'd finish 4th.

Love what he's done and his style. However, I think he's being outplayed by others on roster and for that reason alone should say its time to move on.

Time for him to go and move on...