Yellow | Still can't find work who's hiring in Atlanta?

Every company I ever worked for, either had stickers on the dash or printed on the vehicle inspection reports. "THIS EQUIPMENT PAYS YOUR SALARY, TAKE CARE OF IT. And I did, whether I was slip seating or had an assigned unit.
I have seen about every imaginable, intentional destruction of equipment. One yard employee was mad because the company bought another company. He would set the spring brakes, put the tractors, (he did several), in 10th gear, floor the accelerator then dump the clutch. An older employee who had accumulated several shares of stock asked the guy if he had any stock in the company. He said no, the older guy told him if he did he would not destroy company property.

Last edited:
I have seen about every imaginable, intentional destruction of equipment. One yard employee was mad because the company bought another company. He would set the spring brakes, put the tractors, (he did several), in 10th gear, floor the accelerator then dump the clutch. An older employee who had accumulated several shares of stock asked the guy if he had any stock in the company. He said no, the older guy told him if he did he would not destroy company property.
This is inexcusable, but did the supervisor do ANYTHING about it?

This is inexcusable, but did the supervisor do ANYTHING about it?
No, it could not be proven that he sabotaged the tractors. He worked nights so there was not a lot of people on the yard to witness it. The damage repair was quite expensive. On one he twisted the pinion on the power divider differential, one just twisted the driveline, one other ripped the front clutch disc apart. Ideally, the driveline is the weak link & will break first.
I have seen several engines ruined when the air filter was thrown away or the intake hose was kicked off the air cleaner or turbo.
I have seen several drivetrain failures where the tractor would be spinning on ice then hit a dry surface while under power. Cold weather & trucks don't mix well.

No, it could not be proven that he sabotaged the tractors. He worked nights so there was not a lot of people on the yard to witness it. The damage repair was quite expensive. On one he twisted the pinion on the power divider differential, one just twisted the driveline, one other ripped the front clutch disc apart. Ideally, the driveline is the weak link & will break first.
I have seen several engines ruined when the air filter was thrown away or the intake hose was kicked off the air cleaner or turbo.
I have seen several drivetrain failures where the tractor would be spinning on ice then hit a dry surface while under power. Cold weather & trucks don't mix well.
This is sickening. That truck is the "beast that bears us". I wonder if these same people would shoot their own horse? My point is: it is our responsibility to take care of the equipment. The money to perform repairs that should be unnecessary is the same money that DOESN'T go into paychecks.

This is sickening. That truck is the "beast that bears us". I wonder if these same people would shoot their own horse? My point is: it is our responsibility to take care of the equipment. The money to perform repairs that should be unnecessary is the same money that DOESN'T go into paychecks.
We are often our own worst enemy. Seen it so many times over the years. :duh:

A true professional always takes care of equipment that makes it possible for him to have a paycheck. I have noticed over the years a driver that does not trash the truck cab tends to be more professional. Leaving boxes of chicken bones in the cab for the next driver to clean out is very disrespectful.

A true professional always takes care of equipment that makes it possible for him to have a paycheck. I have noticed over the years a driver that does not trash the truck cab tends to be more professional. Leaving boxes of chicken bones in the cab for the next driver to clean out is very disrespectful.
I’m so thankful to have an assigned tractor that I keep clean. I got it with 39 miles on it. I’m so proud of my tractor and keep it spotless. I hate having to drive a loaner and clean up old banana peels, teeth flossers, **** jar, etc. it’s disgusting

I’m so thankful to have an assigned tractor that I keep clean. I got it with 39 miles on it. I’m so proud of my tractor and keep it spotless. I hate having to drive a loaner and clean up old banana peels, teeth flossers, **** jar, etc. it’s disgusting
Many things left in truck cabs stink especially in hot weather. I mentioned things like boxes of chicken bones left in a cab have a putrid odor in a short time.