Yellow | Still can't find work who's hiring in Atlanta?

Turtle, I'll be quite frank here. I truly resent your comment. I have multiple college degrees, all from well accredited institutions. The highest is a Masters. I also have a CDL and nearly fifty years driving experience. I am not a Democrat or a leftist, nor a Communist. While it is true that universities tend to be "left-leaning", that doesn't mean they're so far off the left wing that they are in danger of falling off the plane. I am guessing that you're jealous and envious of those of us who do have an education, do have a high IQ, and use both. I've experienced being on the butt end of both the jealousy and envy for a long time. So....how about seeking to pick yourself up instead of trying to drag us down? Fair enough?
I feel like you would have a totally different opinion if you had a fresh college degree today and went through how biased today's teachers are and then spent a ton of money on a degree only to have that field basically obsolete time you finished. This is all real stuff millennials had to deal with. Also why I chose not to go down that path I hated school and didn't see college as my thing

Are you left handed ?

I have noticed many of us are for one and many of us
have some of things that I could see in myself that other
drivers had ADHD is part of that . I would study my haz-mat
for 1 month and get 100% or 1 wrong. Then I would look
at others and even wonder how they got dressed in a clean
uniform 1X a week . That wasn't me since I was a clean
driver and kept a perfect cab as well as a properly worked
trailer . I seen some real fools over 43 years and it's hard
to find a guy that won't call out on you all the time , take
care of the equipment and customers , even honesty is a
factor now days. People look at the trash some post on
Faceplace and other social media , every aspect of them on
display then losing job opportunities along the way .
I feel like I have similar problems, but somehow I was able to persevere. I believe you would make a great air conditioner mechanic or something hands on. Many unions and vocational colleges offer training and the training is entirely hands on. An example is I considered join the Boilermakers apprentice program in California. The job is super dirty, but very lucrative. Unfortunately nursing is typically less than 25% hands on. LPN/LVN training is more hands on than RN though.

Well guys I got hired at Schneider intermodal. I did the drug test and physical and they cancelled on me at the last minute. Passed drug test and physical. I was told all they could offer me was otr at .40 a mile because I didn't have enough driver experience for local runs (19 yrs city driver+3yrs otr).
.I then got hired at JB but cant start till Nov.
Got hired at FedEx but turned it down because I got hired on at BGSD which pays $9hr more(Union side of Kroger). WELL! I signed my letter of hire with Kroger and was supposed to start orientation this week just to get a call saying were sorry, corporate sent out a memo no new hires. I don't know what the hell else to call it but being black balled because I've applied at over 40 companies and either got an email saying they went with another person, They couldn't verify my work history or nothing at all. I don't know what else to do. I don't have any tickets or accidents. Have the resume and referral but nothing gives. All I can find is otr 3 weeks out .40 a mile or less. I was loyal to a company and a union that screwed me royally.
Go on your social security app and you can print out your work history.

Honestly the Schneider saying intermodal to get you to apply then switch to wanting you OTR is basically a tactic all the mega starter companies use. Don't trust any of them they are all lieing. Reminds me of my trainer telling me the stories of his recruiter days at the army promising some kid they could take their dog with them to basic to get them to sign on.

Hopefully you find something decent soon though brother. I am still looking myself had a lot of companies interested but they either pay sorta low / seasonal or have driver cameras.
Tried even getting a local articulated truck driving job but they never contacted me back was sorta excited for that to get experience so I could easily move and land a job for that in Alaska.
Schneider is a joke wanting to pay a driver 40 cpm. Thats slave labor in todays market

I call BS there Breeze. Isn't that you in the background still holding it? :poke:

PitchforkMob.md.jpeg
I think Breeze is referring to either haystacks or the old 'Woodpecker' baler that had to be fed by hand, (pitchfork). Hay was raked up in piles & the baler was moved from pile to pile where the hay was 'fed' to the baler. The 'Woodpecker balers used engines for power, usually Wisconsin. The newer balers also used engines for power instead of a tractor PTO like today. Hay was raked into 'windrows' like today & the baler was pulled & picked up hay from windrows like balers today. As I remember the Wisconsin engines were notorious for being difficult to start, (hand crank), when they got hot. Several arms were broken when the engine 'kicked back' on the crank. The safe/correct way was to make one 'crank' then pull the crank back from the flywheel.
With the 'woodpecker' balers an operator would place flat blocks of wood at the end of bales & feed wire through grooves in the wood blocks then hand tie the wire. That is where baling wire that had a hundred uses came from.

Last edited:
I feel like you would have a totally different opinion if you had a fresh college degree today and went through how biased today's teachers are and then spent a ton of money on a degree only to have that field basically obsolete time you finished. This is all real stuff millennials had to deal with. Also why I chose not to go down that path I hated school and didn't see college as my thing
You may be right about that. Funding college has never been easy, and that hasn't changed in decades. My mother abandoned her Masters studies (her second Masters) in 1973 when she realized that there was no job to be had as a result. When I finished mine, I had a career path goal that sadly didn't pan out. Thankfully, I had scholarship money so I didn't go in debt up to my ears. I was working here the whole time, so I just kept doing this. Glad I worked for those degrees, but still it was disappointing to not be able to use them as intended.

Well guys I got hired at Schneider intermodal. I did the drug test and physical and they cancelled on me at the last minute. Passed drug test and physical. I was told all they could offer me was otr at .40 a mile because I didn't have enough driver experience for local runs (19 yrs city driver+3yrs otr).
Got hired at FedEx but turned it down because I got hired on at BGSD which pays $9hr more(Union side of Kroger). WELL! I signed my letter of hire with Kroger and was supposed to start orientation this week just to get a call saying were sorry, corporate sent out a memo no new hires. I don't know what the hell else to call it but being black balled because I've applied at over 40 companies and either got an email saying they went with another person, They couldn't verify my work history or nothing at all. I don't know what else to do. I don't have any tickets or accidents. Have the resume and referral but nothing gives. All I can find is otr 3 weeks out .40 a mile or less. I was loyal to a company and a union that screwed me royally.
Seems to me most companies no longer value experience or knowledge. You are to do as you’re told, no questions asked. Don’t mention overweight or improper hazmat. They don’t want inquiries about company policy. High debt load & CDL, they’ll make up the difference by taking all the thought out of P&D. JMO & doesn’t help with your situation. Have you tried applying for Linehaul?

Look into what Ryder or Penske might have around your area. Maybe something with a dedicated customer. Also look into tanker work if it's something you would consider. It's fairly easy once you get used to it.

I'm telling you People, Look into Companies that haul trash to landfills, I know YRC is gone, But there is still a lot of Garbage out there. They must need Drivers
Agree they need driver's and plus yellow hauled a lot of trash to like truck bed-liners & lawnmowers & farm equiment & tree stumps & other etc stuff that took up the whole trailer & din't pay crap !

I think Breeze is referring to either haystacks or the old 'Woodpecker' baler that had to be fed by hand, (pitchfork). Hay was raked up in piles & the baler was moved from pile to pile where the hay was 'fed' to the baler. The 'Woodpecker balers used engines for power, usually Wisconsin. The newer balers also used engines for power instead of a tractor PTO like today. Hay was raked into 'windrows' like today & the baler was pulled & picked up hay from windrows like balers today. As I remember the Wisconsin engines were notorious for being difficult to start, (hand crank), when they got hot. Several arms were broken when the engine 'kicked back' on the crank. The safe/correct way was to make one 'crank' then pull the crank back from the flywheel.
With the 'woodpecker' balers an operator would place flat blocks of wood at the end of bales & feed wire through grooves in the wood blocks then hand tie the wire. That is where baling wire that had a hundred uses came from.
I have a Vermeer stump grinder with the same Wisconsin engine, although it has electric start 30 HP.

Estes hiring road and city in Atlanta, road is 80.5cpm,city around 32

Have you considered Teamster or nonunion construction jobs? If you are in the Atlanta metro area, I would think that the weather would permit nearly year round work. I drove concrete mixers, end dumps, belly dumps and lowboys for 12 years in Colorado. (work 8 months layed off 4 months) Before I moved back to the Chicago area and went to work for Big R.

Looks like a North Jersey union meeting if you ask a question.
Speaking of North Jersey union meetings...

"Union City Teamsters building associated with infamous mobsters to be converted into affordable housing."

I always respected those who take care of equipment. One thing I detested was those who abused equipment because of a bad attitude toward the company. That accomplished absolutely nothing except show their stupidity. I was raised on a farm & appreciated every piece of equipment, old or new that helped to make the operation successful.
Every company I ever worked for, either had stickers on the dash or printed on the vehicle inspection reports. "THIS EQUIPMENT PAYS YOUR SALARY, TAKE CARE OF IT. And I did, whether I was slip seating or had an assigned unit.

Speaking of North Jersey union meetings...

"Union City Teamsters building associated with infamous mobsters to be converted into affordable housing."

If that building could talk, probably better we don't know.