Yellow | Straight Forward, Seamless, Transparent?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I:TR10driving03:If you listened to the Dollar Bill presentation at the Stephens Conference today he said that the integration of Yellow and Roadway was "straight forward, seamless, and transparent"! Maybe to Dollar Bill and his top managers it is, but to the rank and file, it's mostly smoke and mirrors! Getting concrete info about the merger is like pulling teeth! Another comment made by Dollar Bill during the webcast this morning was when he was talking about the merging of the Wichita, KS Roadway and Yellow barns. He claimed that each barn had about 20 drivers, or 40 total. He said after the merger, they would dovetail the seniority lists, draw a line down to about 25, and lay off 15 drivers! He called this action "a pop to the service product"!

Maybe 15 drivers is a "pop" to him, but it is a major blow to the 15 families it drastically affects...especially right before the holidays! Evidently Wall Street didn't care much about his presentation today as the stock dropped to another 52 week low of $1.80 a share! Maybe Dollar Bill should start communicating more with the rank and file, and listen to some of the suggestions he's getting from them?!

Then again, maybe Dollar Bill should just grab his "golden parachute" now, and "get out of Dodge"...oops I mean Overland Park! PRAY THAT WE SURVIVE! :chairshot:

I:TR10driving03:If you listened to the Dollar Bill presentation at the Stephens Conference today he said that the integration of Yellow and Roadway was "straight forward, seamless, and transparent"! Maybe to Dollar Bill and his top managers it is, but to the rank and file, it's mostly smoke and mirrors! Getting concrete info about the merger is like pulling teeth! Another comment made by Dollar Bill during the webcast this morning was when he was talking about the merging of the Wichita, KS Roadway and Yellow barns. He claimed that each barn had about 20 drivers, or 40 total. He said after the merger, they would dovetail the seniority lists, draw a line down to about 25, and lay off 15 drivers! He called this action "a pop to the service product"!

Maybe 15 drivers is a "pop" to him, but it is a major blow to the 15 families it drastically affects...especially right before the holidays! Evidently Wall Street didn't care much about his presentation today as the stock dropped to another 52 week low of $1.80 a share! Maybe Dollar Bill should start communicating more with the rank and file, and listen to some of the suggestions he's getting from them?!

Then again, maybe Dollar Bill should just grab his "golden parachute" now, and "get out of Dodge"...oops I mean Overland Park! PRAY THAT WE SURVIVE! :chairshot:

It was basically a repeat of last weeks conference call where he used the same Wichita example.

They havent been forthcoming in any information to the rank anf file before. I don't think we should expect it now.

The TM in Wichita said today Roadway and Yellow would merge the boards the middle of December. Together we have a total of 44 city bids, the TM said he's going to start with 35 bids and see how it goes. Mabey Bill $$$ ought to call our TM and let him know how many bids to cut!

I'm glad someone else was in on the call.
Did you hear his comment that they are merging 2 companys that have 75% capacity....that adds up to 150% cap......then does thst mean a layoff of 33% to get it down to 100%?

Also, the comment about selling the terminals and leasing them back?
So does that mean the terminals would be sold to YRCW and then YRC, Inc. will pay rent to them? You do know the history behind other companys who leased, right?

THEN, 30 minutes after the call was over we dropped to $1.71 and then closed at $1.80?
Somebody must not have bought the presentation either.....pray for the best.....KK

It seems like as the gates are locked for the last time.$bill will
be at a podium somewhere saying it's going to be alright we
are just integrating a new technology of safe barns yada yada yada

I wonder how their Chinese trucking company is doing ? Has anyone heard about that lately?Do you think they are putting more eggs in that basket ? I hope not.