TForce | Strike Authorization

FreightDriver

TB Lurker
Credits
TFORCE STRIKE VOTE TO BEGIN IN-PERSON!!! VOTE YES FOR STRIKE AUTHORIZATION!!!!

Thousands of Freight Teamsters at TForce will be able to begin voting for strike authorization starting this week.

The TForce National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee urges all members at the company to vote YES to authorize a strike — to only be called in the event TForce does not reach agreement with the Teamsters.

Strike authorization balloting will be done in-person outside of TForce barns or at local union halls. Results will be announced on Friday, June 16.

“Our members’ voices need to be heard at TForce. Management has run this company its own way for too long and it’s time for the Teamsters to flip the script,” said John A. Murphy, Teamsters National Freight Director. “All TForce members should vote to authorize a strike as soon as they are able. We have to fully commit to exerting our power and leverage in this industry.”

“The Teamsters are putting yet another white-collar crime syndicate on notice. Every Teamster at TForce needs to vote YES for strike authorization,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien. “Stand up to the bully, stand united, vote YES, and let us win this fight together.”

Additional details on the balloting process will be announced by local unions this week.

“The Teamsters are putting yet another white-collar crime syndicate on notice. Every Teamster at TForce needs to vote YES for strike authorization,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien. “Stand up to the bully, stand united, vote YES, and let us win this fight together.”

Wow! Strong words to back up. Let's see what you are made of SOB...

This has always been my problem with the teamsters union, the planning is for ::shit::. A day late and a dollar short. These guys have been running the union for decades in some form or another and I just don't think they are in touch with the realities of the members or the everyday working man/woman.
They call call companies white collar crime? Most of the guys in these union officers haven't done a days manual labor in decades.
The union has not shared one single piece of value about the current negotiations. We don't even know what the company has offered and the unions counter.
Unless I see something in writing I am not voting on anything period. I would not vote yes or no on the contract unless I read it first, and I am not voting to authorize a strike unless I get more information about the negotiations.

Last edited:
This has always been my problem with the teamsters union, the planning is for ::::shit::::. A day late and a dollar short. These guys have been running the union for decades in some form or another and I just don't think they are in touch with the realities of the members or the everyday working man/woman.
They call call companies white collar crime? Most of the guys in these union officers haven't done a days manual labor in decades.
The union has not shared one single piece of value about the current negotiations. We don't even know what the company has offered and the unions counter.
Unless I see something in writing I am not voting on anything period. I would not vote yes or no on the contract unless I read it first, and I am not voting to authorize a strike unless I get more information about the negotiations.
I agree. I have said before and believe that there should be term limits on Union Officials. I’m thinking maybe 6-8 years and that’s it. As you say No Port, some of these guys have been in office for years, become chummy with the company and will never have to work under the contracts they try to shove done our throats. I also believe that once you’re retired and no longer on an active seniority list, you also give up your spot at the hall. There’s no longer any reason for you to be there. Go Home….

We shall really see with this contract if union membership collectively has any stones. We will be tested by Bedard as I’m sure UPS passed the labor negotiations playbook along with the sale. They know most are up to their eyeballs in debt/payments. People text a strong message for union leadership to get a good contract, well we just may have to use our feet to get it. I bet a majority are praying it doesn’t come to this as they know they will just vote to keep a paycheck coming in. Members Debt is the biggest sole demise of unions. I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
We shall really see with this contract if union membership collectively has any stones. We will be tested by Bedard as I’m sure UPS passed the labor negotiations playbook along with the sale. They know most are up to their eyeballs in debt/payments. People text a strong message for union leadership to get a good contract, well we just may have to use our feet to get it. I bet a majority are praying it doesn’t come to this as they know they will just vote to keep a paycheck coming in. Debt is the biggest sole demise of unions. I hope I’m wrong.
Please give me a break. No one buys the workers of the world unite bullshit anymore. If this company went out of business the union fat cats would still have their six-figure salaries and their expense accounts.
In 2018 did the Union have our backs? The Union officers have not earned my trust, I will only vote yes or no for a strike after I see a contract not before.

Last edited:
In my opinion we finally have Teamster leadership with enough balls to get us the contract we've deserved for over 15 years. The sticking points on the contract are contractors, rails salaries and pension. If we aren't willing to strike we may as well grab our ankles.
Unless I see something in writing I'm not going to believe anybody about what the sticking points of the contract and negotiations.

TFORCE STRIKE VOTE TO BEGIN IN-PERSON!!! VOTE YES FOR STRIKE AUTHORIZATION!!!!

Thousands of Freight Teamsters at TForce will be able to begin voting for strike authorization starting this week.

The TForce National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee urges all members at the company to vote YES to authorize a strike — to only be called in the event TForce does not reach agreement with the Teamsters.

Strike authorization balloting will be done in-person outside of TForce barns or at local union halls. Results will be announced on Friday, June 16.

“Our members’ voices need to be heard at TForce. Management has run this company its own way for too long and it’s time for the Teamsters to flip the script,” said John A. Murphy, Teamsters National Freight Director. “All TForce members should vote to authorize a strike as soon as they are able. We have to fully commit to exerting our power and leverage in this industry.”

Additional details on the balloting process will be announced by local unions this week.
Why would any sane person vote to authorize a strike without first seeing anything in writing about the contract?
Would anyone vote yes or no on the contract before they read it just because the union asked them too? This is just rumor, but one of the main issues is the company refuses to go to single line seniority.

It was put out weeks ago by the IBT
What was put out? If you're referring to that memorandum that said they were far apart on issues, what issues? Why don't they tell the people who have to work under the contract?

I may not give a ::shit:: about the issue there concerned with, and I'm certainly not going to authorize a strike vote based on something I don't know.

Last edited:
The fist or second one stated wages pension contractors rail were the main issues. Both parties have signed NDA agreements which is not unusual during contract negotiations that's why no great details have been released by either side. IDK what your job classification is but we're falling way behind on wages road drivers on "soft layoff" and contractors running 4k+ miles a week our pension could definitely be improved upon.

Please give me a break. No one buys the workers of the world unite bullshit anymore. If this company went out of business the union fat cats would still have their six-figure salaries and their expense accounts.
In 2018 did the Union have our backs? The Union officers have not earned my trust, I will only vote yes or no for a strike after I see a contract not before.
Regardless of what the union negotiated you will find something to complain about because that’s you. You may hold a union card but have little belief in it or its principles/leadership. It shows in your posts. Solidarity is what we are about and need to get this win. Sorry you think it’s BS.

The fist or second one stated wages pension contractors rail were the main issues. Both parties have signed NDA agreements which is not unusual during contract negotiations that's why no great details have been released by either side. IDK what your job classification is but we're falling way behind on wages road drivers on "soft layoff" and contractors running 4k+ miles a week our pension could definitely be improved upon.
If you vote for a strike authorization without knowing the information, that's your choice . Not me, I will never trust secret negotiations.

Regardless of what the union negotiated you will find something to complain about because that’s you. You may hold a union card but have little belief in it or its principles/leadership. It shows in your posts. Solidarity is what we are about and need to get this win. Sorry you think it’s BS.
You have one thing right, I have no belief in its leadership(they have only themselves to blame, and truthfully I know they don't care) and as far as principles, what principles?
In 2018 the union leadership did nothing, they ****ed us over and left us hanging out to dry. I will never forget .

You have one thing right, I have no belief in its leadership(they have only themselves to blame, and truthfully I know they don't care) and as far as principles, what principles?
In 2018 the union leadership did nothing, they ****ed us over and left us hanging out to dry. I will never forget .
New leadership in place now. Also if you don't wanna vote then don't but if you don't vote don't **** and moan if you don't like any part of the contract and IF we should go on strike don't cross the line.

New leadership in place now. Also if you don't wanna vote then don't but if you don't vote don't **** and moan if you don't like any part of the contract and IF we should go on strike don't cross the line.
These are just the replacement leadership, they have all been in the union hierarchy for decades.
They don't care and they prove it by negotiating too near the end of the contract and then 7 weeks before expiration, they want a strike vote? They have no skin in the game, zero, none, nada. They will continue to get their paychecks and benefits . You want to follow them , be my guest. Only a fool would trust the leadership of this union, they haven't earned it .

I don’t disagree about 2018, but there’s a new president who has promised a lot, talking big and until he fails to deliver I choose to support and give him the benefit of doubt. You choose to live in the 2018 past and be bitter for life, that’s the difference between us.