Yellow | Subterfuge (Trickery)

Credits
By wording city drivers as cartage and requiring dock to have CDL to do city work.

Lost worker positions at LCP for gained worker postions at HSB(new terminal) should be a change by itself.
--------------------------------------------------

HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA

PRESENT OPERATION
Yellow does not currently have an operation at Harrisburg, PA.

PROPOSED OPERATION
• As a result of this Velocity Sort Center Change of Operations as described within, Harrisburg, PA will be

established as a Velocity Sort Center and will be plus forty (40) cartage employees.

ROAD

PRESENT OPERATION
Yellow does not currently have an operation at Harrisburg. PA.

PROPOSED OPERATION
Harrisburg, PA will establish an over-the-road domicile.
• The company proposes to operate the following Harrisburg, PA meet and turns:
• Coldwater, MI
• Charlotte, NC
• Cincinnati, OH
• Greenville, TN
• Indianapolis, IN
• As a result of this Velocity Sort Center Change of Operations, the Harrisburg, PA road operation will be

plus forty-five (45) road drivers.
--------------------------------------------------

Article 8, Section 6, (a),

In the event a proposed change of operations includes the establishment of either a new or satellite terminal as a

“combination” facility with a common city driver and dock seniority roster, when such change of operations results in

the relocation or movement of city drivers and dock employees from an existing terminal recognizing separate

(split) seniority rosters for city drivers and dock employees, the Change of Operations Committee shall have the

authority to determine the conditions under which such a combination facility may be established, including but not

limited to, the number of city drivers and dock employees who qualify, be allowed to follow the work to the new or

satellite combination terminal, the implementation of training programs to qualify dock employees as city drivers

and the seniority right of affected employees to either return to the “mother” terminal and/or claim additional driving

positions at the satellite terminal within reasonable time periods following the establishment of such combination

terminal, as determined by the Committee.

Opening of Terminals

(3) When a new terminal(s) is opened (except as a replacement for existing operations or a new division in a

locality where there are existing operations), the Employer shall offer to those employees, if any, affected thereby

the opportunity to transfer to regular positions in the new terminal(s) in the order of such employee’s continuous

classification (road or city) seniority date as defined herein. Upon arrival at such new location, such employees

shall be “dovetailed” with their continuous classification (road or city) seniority date together with other employees

so transferring.

By wording city drivers as cartage and requiring dock to have CDL to do city work.

Lost worker positions at LCP for gained worker positions at HSB(new terminal) should be a change by itself.

Great post and thats the truth. Also, at LCP, wrong is right and right is wrong from all of the things I see go on there on a daily basis. Were just a bunch of cattle in their eyes, not a human being with other human beings to support. (Family)

Feed the family ?

Why not get a CDL ? They will train you and pay you.
Then you at least have a chance. You can make more money. If they do fold you can always go deliver dog food.

Then you at least have a chance. You can make more money. If they do fold you can always go deliver dog food.

Got a CDL and am currently looking at all of the options that present themselves to me at this time. Every man must sail his own ship... :shades:

can you say con way?

By the way the Conway (CF) Trucking business model is so GR8 they lost a bundle this last quarter. If you don't know what I mean,:chairshot: E-mail me and I'll be glad to explain to you that we should NOT copycat these *****!!!

Good advice!

Good advice bro! I don't have a cdl, but I feel the company is trying to screw me (by REPLACING me with a 4 hour casual)! I've got the "smoke" to take the transfer, and I will. I hope 39 other non-cdl dock workers do the same! I still don't see how the IBT lets them get away with it though! A blind man could see what this change is all about....

because the company used the vote to get what they wanted, and enough people on here said to vote 'NO" and not enough listened,so not the company is using the wording to their advantage and legally the union can not really do anything about it.what needs to be done is to go through the wording and use it back against them in the same legal way.

Conway

By the way the Conway (CF) Trucking business model is so GR8 they lost a bundle this last quarter. If you don't know what I mean,:chairshot: E-mail me and I'll be glad to explain to you that we should NOT copycat these *****!!!
Con-way Inc. Reports First-Quarter 2008 Results
Wednesday April 16, 4:30 pm ET

SAN MATEO, Calif., April 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW - News) today reported net income from continuing operations for the first quarter of 2008 of $22.5 million (after preferred stock dividends), or 47 cents per diluted share.

biz_yahoo_com/prnews/080416/aqw104.html?.v=41]

Looks to me they made money.