Yellow | SuperService / Roadway

ace wheel cat

A legend in my own mind
Credits
SuperService has gone out of business as of Monday 6-5-06. Or so I hear. I also hear that they moved a lot of Hollands freight to Fla. for them ,and that at Holland they are saying that Roadway is going to be moving it now. JUST A RUMOR.

screwy louiey said:
Ace what region did they run or were they a intra region carrier in Florida. We're they a LTL union carrier with red trucks????

The company was called Super Transport. Look in the general trucking forum,there is a thread about the closing that should answer your questions.

Tonight in Erie I seen a shipment for Florida, in the interline box it said roadway. So I guess that kinda confirms this rumor. I work for Holland.

I say a Roadway driver at one of my stops today and yes he had USF freight on his trailer. It looks like Roadway will handle all USF Florida freight. I also know that they picked up a account that Super Transport would pickup then interline with Holland.

Yellow is also delivering some freight for Holland in West Virginia, was told it is taken to yellow in Pittsburgh and delivered to the areas Holland doesn’t service. Our salesman told me this. It only makes sense to keep it in the YRC family.

Hey Stimpy.........Yellow comes to our dock daily and drops off freight going to points that they don't service. Some days it's 10-15 shipments!! It only makes sense, keep it in the "family". I don't know how much we are handing off to them, but I don't think it's much. DS.

keeping it in the "family" only makes sense, if the carrier getting the freight has coverage in the area. if no coverage, they make no profit, and we all know we can't have that. otherwise original carrier would keep it and take the loss. sometimes it works out that it stays in yrc family. alot of times thats not always true. alot of times small cartage co. handle the majority of all ltl's delivery's for a out of the way area. most all ltl's in country- not all of them- dumped there freight off to super transport for florida freight. i see that wont be happening anymore. curious to what that co's saying on why they went out of business.anybody know?

allnightrain44 said:
curious to what that co's saying on why they went out of business.anybody know?
I am too, there allnight...I have searched the news papers down in Florida and haven't seen any press coverage at all. You would think with that many people loosing their jobs, it would be in the papers or on TV. It's not posted on their web sight either. DS.

I talked to a new penn driver today; he said they were still giving their non-union cartage co. three to four loads a day to deliver. We overlap with new penn some. I think they have four or five drivers in our area, would like to see them hire more drivers and deliver their own freight. The cartage co. even uses new penn’s trailers. Kind of surprise they are not keeping this freight in the family.

allnightrain44 said:
keeping it in the "family" only makes sense, if the carrier getting the freight has coverage in the area. if no coverage, they make no profit, and we all know we can't have that. otherwise original carrier would keep it and take the loss. sometimes it works out that it stays in yrc family. alot of times thats not always true. alot of times small cartage co. handle the majority of all ltl's delivery's for a out of the way area. most all ltl's in country- not all of them- dumped there freight off to super transport for florida freight. i see that wont be happening anymore. curious to what that co's saying on why they went out of business.anybody know?

My guess would be bad management. Usually the case.

Super Transport was rumored to have 'insurance issues' and they did fold in the Florida region.. We at 705 (Valdosta) are SWAMPED with extra Miami, Tampa, and West Palm loads.. Now if management will just hire enough people so we won't loose the business because of shabby service then we will be alright..