FedEx Freight | Supporting FedEx in China

Welker

TB Lurker
Credits
In FedEx Corporation's eyes, there is no Express, no Ground, no Freight, no U.S., no Canada, no Europe and no China. In FedEx Corp's eyes, there are pools of money - so losses here are covered with earnings there, or cuts there are covered by increases here.

So as FedEx Corp raises rates here and cuts people costs here to cover higher fuels costs here, FedEx Corp can cut rates and add people in China and operate at a loss there but taking earnings from here. (The corporations position will be 'strategic investments' and 'long term payoff' and 'market share' and 'fierce competition' while cuts here will continue.)

BEIJING, July 1 (Reuters) - Package delivery company FedEx Corp has lowered its rates in the fiercely competitive Chinese market despite higher fuel prices.

FedEx (nyse: FDX - news - people ), which started its domestic shipping service in China last June, cut charges for its quickest service, FedEx First Overnight -- which guarantees delivery before 10:30 a.m. the next day -- by as much as 77 percent.

Its new prices for sending a 2-kg parcel from Beijing to Shanghai via First Overnight scheme is 31 yuan, or about a third of the 90 yuan charged by EMS, a state-owned courier agent.

You can read the whole article at the FDX page on finance.yahoo.com.
SEE LINK HERE

In FedEx Corporation's eyes, there is no Express, no Ground, no Freight, no U.S., no Canada, no Europe and no China. In FedEx Corp's eyes, there are pools of money - so losses here are covered with earnings there, or cuts there are covered by increases here.

So as FedEx Corp raises rates here and cuts people costs here to cover higher fuels costs here, FedEx Corp can cut rates and add people in China and operate at a loss there but taking earnings from here. (The corporations position will be 'strategic investments' and 'long term payoff' and 'market share' and 'fierce competition' while cuts here will continue.)

BEIJING, July 1 (Reuters) - Package delivery company FedEx Corp has lowered its rates in the fiercely competitive Chinese market despite higher fuel prices.

FedEx (nyse: FDX - news - people ), which started its domestic shipping service in China last June, cut charges for its quickest service, FedEx First Overnight -- which guarantees delivery before 10:30 a.m. the next day -- by as much as 77 percent.

Its new prices for sending a 2-kg parcel from Beijing to Shanghai via First Overnight scheme is 31 yuan, or about a third of the 90 yuan charged by EMS, a state-owned courier agent.

'By offering the new rates to the market, we aim to provide more customers with access to our reliable services so that they can optimize their supply chains,' a FedEx spokeswoman said in an e-mailed statement.

Beijing raised nationwide retail diesel and gasoline prices by nearly 20 percent last month, the biggest one-off rise ever, and analysts expect more increases in coming months as fuel prices in China are still well below global market levels.

You can read the whole article at the FDX page on finance.yahoo.com.

you really are trying arent you, basically what it says in all of this is the company i work for is trying to break out in china one of the two largest growing econimies (sp) in the world right now, makes sence to me :funky:

you know Mcdonalds is doing the same thing in china right now, you may want to let their workers know also :chairshot:

Eggs in one basket

you really are trying arent you, basically what it says in all of this is the company i work for is trying to break out in china one of the two largest growing econimies (sp) in the world right now, makes sence to me :funky:

you know Mcdonalds is doing the same thing in china right now, you may want to let their workers know also :chairshot:

I see it as Fedex getting a strong service going in Asia so when the time comes they can more easily abandon the sinking economy in America. Fedex is global, not patriotic to the great nation where it got its start, or with allegiance to America or its employees. Welcome to the Global Economy. Good bye to corporate patriotism!!!!

I see it as Fedex getting a strong service going in Asia so when the time comes they can more easily abandon the sinking economy in America. Fedex is global, not patriotic to the great nation where it got its start, or with allegiance to America or its employees. Welcome to the Global Economy. Good bye to corporate patriotism!!!!

you know what they say plan for the future guess i should start brushing up on my chinesse:hide:

Its new prices for sending a 2-kg parcel from Beijing to Shanghai via First Overnight scheme is 31 yuan, or about a third of the 90 yuan charged by EMS, a state-owned courier agent. You can read the whole article at the FDX page on finance.yahoo.com.
SEE LINK HERE

buzzard.jpg

Buzzards.....

In Welkers eyes there are no divisions of FedEx.. Why, because he is paid to spread propaganda.. and now things are so bad in his business that he must search the internet for forums to spread his word. Why, maybe it's a cost cutting effort for those that he works for. It's cheaper and more efficient.. Unlike FedEx, who will make it known to the media of every step they take to cut cost and operate more efficiently.. Welker must slide in through the back door.. And, don't forget.. the company that he works for is a business.. they are around to make money. They provide a service for others at a fee to the employees and members.

Shoo Buzzard.. fly away..

Mr. David Welker has already pronounced his faith in his job.. He is paid to lurk through these sites to try and quietly stir the pot with FedEx employees.

It amazes me that every time the debate gets brought up.. the buzzards are telling how FedEx is shoving some BS up our noses.. Well, from looking at this and seeing the post from this kat, and his occupation.. It's not hard to smell the manure.

I know David, you are only trying to spread the "Truth".. Want me to go to the boards of those that pay your salary and spread some truth?? I have higher standards than that!

When FedEx employees are ready to call you.. They will!

(If I magically disapear without a trace one day.. you FedEx employees know where to start looking, right?)

And if you forgot where Welker was employed.. let me refresh your memory:

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/367610-post1.html

Actually FedEx is just trying to get a better handle on the Asian market.. that now is "owned" by DHL and UPS

Getrdone goes missing

If I magically disapear without a trace one day.. you FedEx employees know where to start looking, right?)
The first place we would look would be the corner of the football stadium in New Jersy. We would walk around calling "Jimmy OH Jimmy MR. Hoffa, have you seen Gitrdone? Or maybe check with Tony Saprano Sleeping wit da fishes

If I magically disapear without a trace one day.. you FedEx employees know where to start looking, right?)
The first place we would look would be the corner of the football stadium in New Jersy. We would walk around calling "Jimmy OH Jimmy MR. Hoffa, have you seen Gitrdone? Or maybe check with Tony Saprano Sleeping wit da fishes

Make sure you check underneath the bottom parking deck at sears tower too

Make sure you check underneath the bottom parking deck at sears tower too

gtrdone :1036316054:

I don't know why Welker wants to waste his time trying to persuade 20,000+ hard working FedEx Freight employees to join the Teamsters.
Welker you need to go to China. There you have over 1.2 BILLION folks that you could have join the Teamsters to bail you out.

:hysterical:

with america having lost the top economic spot in the world and out inflated dollar we all just might have to learn chinese.thats not even a joke it scare the hell out of me because its true.with gold no longer backing our money and going by the system of the federal reserve we are all fcked.and those of us who are going to feel it even worse are the younger guys and there kids because inflatiopn robs your retirement fund meaning the same 100 i saved this week for 50 years from now will only be worth 7 bucks

with america having lost the top economic spot in the world and out inflated dollar we all just might have to learn chinese.thats not even a joke it scare the hell out of me because its true.with gold no longer backing our money and going by the system of the federal reserve we are all fcked.and those of us who are going to feel it even worse are the younger guys and there kids because inflatiopn robs your retirement fund meaning the same 100 i saved this week for 50 years from now will only be worth 7 bucks

JEEP JERK :1036316054:

The younger kids you are talking about, are Obama's biggest supporters.
They think and know that Obama will fix everything in no time at all.

The younger kids you are talking about, are Obama's biggest supporters.
They think and know that Obama will fix everything in no time at all.

river what do you know about obama besides hes not a republican.have you even done your homework on both mccain and obama i bet not you are a robot and the republican party is your programer.i know i'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch but when you spit your republican rederic you really make yourself sound foolish.

try watching msnbc or cnn stay off of the fox news for a week and you will become much wiser and realize that fox is in deed the spin zone

river what do you know about obama besides hes not a republican.have you even done your homework on both mccain and obama i bet not you are a robot and the republican party is your programer.i know i'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch but when you spit your republican rederic you really make yourself sound foolish.

try watching msnbc or cnn stay off of the fox news for a week and you will become much wiser and realize that fox is in deed the spin zone

I don't get it.
What is a Republican rederic
I could not find that word in my dictionary.
That is why you are so confused watching Msnbc and CNN. Combined they don't even have the audience of Fox News Channel.

:smilie_132:

Sorry to have to bust your delusional bubble, but Fox news is the only outlet that allows a true-blue, bleeding heart liberal anchorman to sit side-by-side and co-host a broadcast to spew the radical left, "tax-America-out-of-existence" propaganda rubbish in "real-time" during the broadcast.

CNN and MSNBC would NEVER allow the reverse because, as the saying goes, "THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

It doesn't take a PHD to tell right from wrong, just a near average IQ and some common sense. :smilie_132:

!

Sorry to have to bust your delusional bubble, but Fox news is the only outlet that allows a true-blue, bleeding heart liberal anchorman to sit side-by-side and co-host a broadcast to spew the radical left, "tax-America-out-of-existence" propaganda rubbish in "real-time" during the broadcast.

CNN and MSNBC would NEVER allow the reverse because, as the saying goes, "THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

It doesn't take a PHD to tell right from wrong, just a near average IQ and some common sense. :smilie_132:

Oh! This is rich! Can you tell me what country owes China billions and billions of dollars that they have borrowed to finance a war over 60% of it's people now think is and was a mistake?

Wasn't it the Fox network where the shrill b*tch called Obama and his wife's fist bump a "terriorist fist bump"? Fox revels in the fear mongering.

tax-America-out-of-existence

Give me a break. Bridges falling down, infrastructure falling apart. Deficit the biggest it has EVER been, China holds a huge American debt, and you're concerned with the tax rate.

Everybody wants everything but no one wants to pay for it.

FedEx is smart to cut it's rates in China. They would be smart to cut their rates here at home too!

You need to take notes.. so that the next time we go into a recession you will see that this happens in cycles.. You and I are only worried because it's the first time that our generation has felt this pinch. It all will come back around full circle.

Like I said before.. live within your means, and put back every chance you get. Do not rely on ANYONE else to save your money for you!