Central Transport | SWE anyone?

Enforcer75

TB Lurker
Credits
I just wondered if anyone has heard or knows how the merger of SWE went/or is going with vitran? Im a pjax driver and have been reading here alot of stuff about the vitran/chris merger, and it doesnt sound like it is going all that well.:hide:

well other than the fact they are running relay with onwer operator teams via KC DENVER an Tucumcari NM we really haven't heard. They originally started the teams relaying in KC drop at Denver and SWE was going from las vegas to denver with teams but that really got messed up when your dealing with I70 during the winter months

does vitran own anything that isnt junk?

I understand that Sierra West Express was about two weeks from going out of business when it was purchased by Vitran. Don't know how true this was but this property certainly wasn't looking to prosperous.

Jimmy B

Jimmy B

:smilie_132: Welcome aboard Jimmy B. Good to have you here on the boards. Keep up the good work by keeping us posted on SWE (Vitran West).
What is the wage scale out there? P&D, and Line Haul......

Again Wecome aboard.....:1036316054:

:smilie_132: Welcome aboard Jimmy B. Good to have you here on the boards. Keep up the good work by keeping us posted on SWE (Vitran West).
What is the wage scale out there? P&D, and Line Haul......

Again Wecome aboard.....:1036316054:

Thank you for the welcome aboard. I don't work for Vitran West, I'm a Yellow P&D driver that has developed an interest in the history of the LTL business in Northern Nevada. So I started to take a few photos to document the industry here in Nevada.

In my normal rounds I don't usally run into any of the Vitran West drivers so I really can't pass on any of that wage information.

Jimmy B

Jimmy B

:smilie_132: Welcome anyway, thanks for the great photo's. Our corp. CEO say's he is going to roll out a LTL company in the U.S. "second to none", your photo's prove he's not only in another country, but maybe on another planet.

There is a joke going around that supposably one of Vitran's terminal managers said in a email. He wasn't happy after having to have dealt with a driver and was wrong and called on it, in his email to Indy he said, "This would be a good company if it didn't have any drivers".:hysterical:

I believe they make comercials on TV that discribes the type of manger/supervisior Vitran hires, Burger King comes to mind, you know the little guy's. Give these guy's a title and Company car and they suddenly know everything.

Anyway keep up the good work.... and thanks again for the photo's.

Look at that, i can't spell manager or stupidvisor, i mean supervisor correctly, maybe i qualify as a manager....:chairshot: anyway you know what i mean.

sweet rides only the best for us

I have no idea how its going other than what I see from the street. They have added a couple, maybe 2 or 3 Internationals daycabs in the Vitran livery. About a month ago I saw a Vitran pup. This last week I saw a Chris pup. Here are some photos of the company's Sparks terminal:

The Nevada LTL Project - Vitran Express West Photo Gallery

Jimmy B
sweet rides I hope I get one that nice. Do they change the oil every 100,000 miles or is it 200,000 miles?

I understand that Sierra West Express was about two weeks from going out of business when it was purchased by Vitran. Don't know how true this was but this property certainly wasn't looking to prosperous.

Jimmy B

It was closer to 2 days than 2 weeks. And yes, their (reno)facility has been in a steady state of disrepair for two years now. I drove by the other day and was shocked to see how bad the place looks!