ODFL | Switching From Local To Linehaul

Dkillett

TB Lurker
Credits
Wanting to switch from Local P&D to Linehaul. Would like to be a wild driver. I was actually hired as linehaul. But they needed someone for local P&D. Thats where I have been since I started. Is there a certain procedure for making the switch.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Talk to your TM. They will have to get you a truck if your going to run wild. Now may not be a great time to switch. Its slow and I hear guys are sitting around. Im sure you know you will be running alot at night. You can make good money when it picks up. Your TM will know who to get ahold of to switch you and get you a truck.

Thats right you might call Central dispatch and notify them to and your TM. Right now there are drivers working the docks wanting to get back willing to run wild so I think your chances are slim at least till sping. If they need a schedule driver at your terminal your chances are probably greater. Good luck

Home

If you do apply for it make sure everything is straight at home,your hours will really change and if your family understands that now it will probably make things easier on everybody.

If you do apply for it make sure everything is straight at home,your hours will really change and if your family understands that now it will probably make things easier on everybody.

Thats the best advice I have seen on these boards yet JIM BOB glad your around.

would probably wait a couple a mounths herd on radio show freight should pike up nationwide all carriers 2nd quarter then you would have a good chance of getting 3000 miles a week or more right now its slow only way i get 3000 is to stay out for 3 weeks at a time then i site alot sat in rto a week ago 26 hours waiting on freight teams were sitting 12 hours good luck with it:1036316054: