ABF | T=force retiree Ins. question....

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits
On tonight's call about our contract there was a reference to ABF.
It concerned the retiree healthcare contribution.
My question is, they stated our monthly after the third yr. of the agreement the monthly cont. will be on par with what ABF has.
Does anyone know what that means, we now pay $200 a month. Thanks..................

On tonight's call about our contract there was a reference to ABF.
It concerned the retiree healthcare contribution.
My question is, they stated our monthly after the third yr. of the agreement the monthly cont. will be on par with what ABF has.
Does anyone know what that means, we now pay $200 a month. Thanks..................
The last I heard about our retiree healthcare was a year or so back.
If I remember correctly, it was something like $90.00 a month individual or $180.00 a month for you and the spouse at age 62. Every year you are shy of age 62, the cost goes up an additional $90.00/$180.00 per month down to age 57 (minimum age for retirement). So, unless you are age 62 or your spouse can get coverage thru their employer, it is pricey.
Age 57 would cost you around $900.00 a month with your spouse on it.
Like I said, this was a year or so ago and could’ve changed some since then.
Anyone with more current info, please correct me!!!

If I remember correctly, it was something like $90.00 a month individual or $180.00 a month for you and the spouse at age 62. Every year you are shy of age 62, the cost goes up an additional $90.00/$180.00 per month down to age 57 (minimum age for retirement). So, unless you are age 62 or your spouse can get coverage thru their employer, it is pricey.
Anyone with more current info, please correct me!!!T

Appreciate that. I can live with that.. And some say retirees aren't affected by a new contract..
Thanks again.......

Anyone with more current info, please correct me!!!
I think you are close, that is about what it was when I retired several years back. I waited till age 63 to retire because of the insurance cost. I had my 30 in before that but just couldn't afford the yearly premiun increase.

I don't know. All I know is the single month cost currently is 200 a month . 400 if your spouse is on your insurance. The cost is going up and I don't even think that is a contract item.
Krus Taylor said that neither the union or the company agreed with it, but the health and welfare announced it.

I don't know. All I know is the single month cost currently is 200 a month . 400 if your spouse is on your insurance. The cost is going up and I don't even think that is a contract item.
Krus Taylor said that neither the union or the company agreed with it, but the health and welfare announced it.
As I remember each year you were on the plan the premium went up $100 per month for each one covered. That was Central States.