ABF | Take care of your own first!!!

WOW! who could have seen this coming, what with the givebacks and 2 tier wage scales and starting wage with no vacation earned and the dock starting wage scale of $13.75/hr and being on call. Man, I just don't get it. You'd think folks would be EAGER to work these jobs like they once did, just like the Ueigers in China.... Oh, wait... never mind. Thanks for nothing Hoffa Jr. You have single-handedly destroyed what your father built. Just wait until the minimum wage catches up with this industry. You ain't seen nothin' yet... You know, I read that in Russia, truck drivers earn more than doctors. I guess we backed the wrong commies...

I wonder what the strings are on the 10 grand? That's just stunning.. BTW: I really like the new format here. Didn't think I would at first, though. Congrats!

So you can't attract drivers with a pension and free healthcare you gotta offer something to persuade people to work there.
Obviously not at that terminal, but at my terminal we road tested a guy today with two more on Monday. Two are from YRC & the other is a part time penn dot worker. You guys must really be hurting to find drivers without a pension & free healthcare....

WOW! who could have seen this coming, what with the givebacks and 2 tier wage scales

Obviously not at that terminal, but at my terminal we road tested a guy today with two more on Monday. Two are from YRC & the other is a part time penn dot worker. You guys must really be hurting to find drivers without a pension & free healthcare....
I hear certain terminals at XPO are having a hard time hiring but I'm not aware of any of our barns desperate enough to offer $10,000 sign on bonus

Several years ago (I'm old and dates fly by now, so forgive me for not knowing the exact date) ABF had a change of operation that took the Dayton head-haul from Atlanta and made Atlanta the head-haul from Dayton........To those who don't know what that means, it means Dayton drivers runs bids to Atlanta instead of Atlanta drivers running bids to Dayton...... Anyway, a large number of drivers were offered the opportunity to follow the work to Dayton; not a single driver did. Not one!

Think about why drivers would rather be laid off in Atlanta than live in Dayton and $10,000 sign on bonus in Dayton makes sense.

WOW! who could have seen this coming, what with the givebacks and 2 tier wage scales and starting wage with no vacation earned and the dock starting wage scale of $13.75/hr and being on call. Man, I just don't get it. You'd think folks would be EAGER to work these jobs like they once did, just like the Ueigers in China.... Oh, wait... never mind. Thanks for nothing Hoffa Jr. You have single-handedly destroyed what your father built. Just wait until the minimum wage catches up with this industry. You ain't seen nothin' yet... You know, I read that in Russia, truck drivers earn more than doctors. I guess we backed the wrong commies...
Everyone remember this come contract time....

Guess XPO is that desperate to?
Yes they are, who would of ever thought there would be a day when a union company has as hard of a time hiring as a nonunion especially with their superior benefits can't attract enough drivers from other companies.