ABF | Take care of your own first!!!

I get 3 weeks vacation 5 sick days & 3 personal....
So how long does it take for you to receive all of that and do they carry over if you don't use them all. XPO now starts with 12 days PTO and 4 weeks after 10 years and i believe 5 weeks after 15. Both seem comparable to each other.

So how long does it take for you to receive all of that and do they carry over if you don't use them all. XPO now starts with 12 days PTO and 4 weeks after 10 years and i believe 5 weeks after 15. Both seem comparable to each other.
I'm baffled as to what this has to do with the topic. I'm not going to keep repeating myself Mr. Page...

I also think it’s time to add another day off either sick or personal. When was the last contract that they negotiated time off?

I'm baffled as to what this has to do with the topic. I'm not going to keep repeating myself Mr. Page...
So I'm not allowed to ask a question when someone makes a post about it first? I didn't think Jeff wanted this site to turn into the next Wastebook, I know you don't care for me but I'm not the only one the goes off topic from time to time, I didn't think it's off topic to ask about what kind of PTO if offered to you guys when someone says thats something to be considered for next contract!!!!

So I'm not allowed to ask a question when someone makes a post about it first? I didn't think Jeff wanted this site to turn into the next Wastebook, I know you don't care for me but I'm not the only one the goes off topic from time to time, I didn't think it's off topic to ask about what kind of PTO if offered to you guys when someone says thats something to be considered for next contract!!!!
I believe this was all covered before, I’m just appeasing you....

So I'm not allowed to ask a question when someone makes a post about it first? I didn't think Jeff wanted this site to turn into the next Wastebook, I know you don't care for me but I'm not the only one the goes off topic from time to time
Not true.....the person asking the question that you are referring to was talking about a contract proposal...you asked what the poster got for pto, he replied....you kept on asking more after that....I had already said being off topic was going to stop, but you kept going anyway......and no it has nothing to do with if I like you or not, it has to do with staying on topic...you are free to take it up with Jeff if you want....

Not true.....the person asking the question that you are referring to was talking about a contract proposal...you asked what the poster got for pto, he replied....you kept on asking more after that....I had already said being off topic was going to stop, but you kept going anyway......and no it has nothing to do with if I like you or not, it has to do with staying on topic...you are free to take it up with Jeff if you want....
My apologies if you think i went off topic, you're just have to remind me when i go off topic because you definition and mine are different in regard to that!!!

If you're working extra hours now how many more hours will you be working if their unable to get drivers to apply, and this isn't just a union problem it's everywhere I know. If you don't like this one guy that comes on here, you can always block him. I'm sure he doesn't care
yep, and I have just blocked you! I am sure you'll be back with another screen name.
Are you "Mr. Magoo" in disguise? Don't reply--I won't see it since you are now blocked!

Yes they are, who would of ever thought there would be a day when a union company has as hard of a time hiring as a nonunion especially with their superior benefits can't attract enough drivers from other companies.
Because the union sucks and everybody knows it. Plus YRC gave union trucking companies a bad rep

What are you trying NOT to say? My last 10 years in freight told me one thing about this line of work: it’s tough on the body and hard on the family life. The ‘newer’ generation of workers aren’t interested in physical labor, that much is obvious. So it makes no difference what kind of carrot you dangle in front of them, they aren’t interested.
That's true. I'm 37. I left Holland after 5 years in 2020 and never looked back. I'm now working in information technology and in my second year in college. I should have done this years ago instead of wasting my time working like a slave. I pray to God that I never have to drive a truck or work a dock again.

I actually don't hate the union just think they are weak and is a non factor in ltl which happened when deregulation happened and it's not going back to the way it was. The only place they are revelant is UPS package.
True. They are weak and take sides with the company behind the scenes. Crooked union

That's true. I'm 37. I left Holland after 5 years in 2020 and never looked back. I'm now working in information technology and in my second year in college. I should have done this years ago instead of wasting my time working like a slave. I pray to God that I never have to drive a truck or work a dock again.
Live & learn it’s not for everyone, at least you were young enough to try something different....

Good work, brother Mil! Sounds like you have a plan in place for personal gain! That’s what this rat race is all about! Best of luck to you!