XPO | Takeover ?

It’s not going to happen. And you already know it won’t. Jacobs plan was to flip this at the end of 2017. He couldn’t get a deal. So then he said he would buy more businesses to grow the company and make it more attractive. But he has run the debt so high he can’t. And to make matters worse, he ::shit:: in Amazon’s Cheerios. And set the company back doing it. So he sold a bunch of bonds. Which increased the debt even further. To generate money to buy back shares. Which has has had zero effect. So, now the whole thing has stalled.

12% above liquidation. It’s not chicken little syndrome any more. The end is near.

It’s the same problem that happened with NEMF. If you buy the company. You buy all the things you want AND all the things you don’t. If you let it go under you can get the parts you want at auction. With such slim margins, possible buyers can’t tolerate taking on the bad.

It’s not going to happen. And you already know it won’t. Jacobs plan was to flip this at the end of 2017. He couldn’t get a deal. So then he said he would buy more businesses to grow the company and make it more attractive. But he has run the debt so high he can’t. And to make matters worse, he :::shit::: in Amazon’s Cheerios. And set the company back doing it. So he sold a bunch of bonds. Which increased the debt even further. To generate money to buy back shares. Which has has had zero effect. So, now the whole thing has stalled.

12% above liquidation. It’s not chicken little syndrome any more. The end is near.

It’s the same problem that happened with NEMF. If you buy the company. You buy all the things you want AND all the things you don’t. If you let it go under you can get the parts you want at auction. With such slim margins, possible buyers can’t tolerate taking on the bad.
What is hard for me , a simple working man to understand , is why this seems SOOOOOOOO hard?

We have drivers. We have an LTL company. We sell these services ( LTL ) that are supposed to be in high demand...

Why does it feel worse than the great recession? People are getting laid off. Hours are being cut. How poorly could you run this company?

What is hard for me , a simple working man to understand , is why this seems SOOOOOOOO hard?

We have drivers. We have an LTL company. We sell these services ( LTL ) that are supposed to be in high demand...

Why does it feel worse than the great recession? People are getting laid off. Hours are being cut. How poorly could you run this company?
It's been slowing down for everyone, freight is drying up.The one thing i noticed about xpo is they seem to be letting the equipment go, i'm seeing a lot of older tractors compared to new....

It’s not going to happen. And you already know it won’t. Jacobs plan was to flip this at the end of 2017. He couldn’t get a deal. So then he said he would buy more businesses to grow the company and make it more attractive. But he has run the debt so high he can’t. And to make matters worse, he :::shit::: in Amazon’s Cheerios. And set the company back doing it. So he sold a bunch of bonds. Which increased the debt even further. To generate money to buy back shares. Which has has had zero effect. So, now the whole thing has stalled.

I’m not saying anything is going to happen to be clear. I posted the article because I thought it was interesting and the first I have seen SPECULATING that outcome. I agree with most of what you posted .

I have maintained for a while here that the course of business was not substainable the way things were being run. The emphasis has never seemed to be on quality of service but more on cutting cost to the bone.(From the beginning) I speculate the bigger strategy was always on the M&A when possible to do . Maintaining and growing business organically was secondary to cost cutting and M&A . Now we’re a poorly managed company ( ltl portion is all I can speak of ) that is floundering .

The lack of available cash has lead to this current round of layoffs.
The business levels even if it has slowed due to tariffs is still good for ltl’s . I don’t see who would want the entire Xpo ball of wax but the stock is in prime price range for a takeover nevertheless.
Jacobs is struggling now to move the stock higher .

Last edited:
I have maintained for a while here that the course of business was not substainable the way things were being run. The emphasis hs never seemed to be on quality of service but more on cutting cost to the bone.(From the beginning) I speculate the bigger strategy was always on the M&A when possible to do . Maintaining and growing business organically was secondary to cost cutting and M&A . Now we’re a poorly managed company ( ltl portion is all I can speak of ) that is floundering .

The business levels even if it has slowed due to tariffs is still good for ltl’s . I don’t see who would want the entire Xpo ball of wax but the stock is in prime price range for a takeover nevertheless.
Thats alot of the reason he's cutting everything to generate cash for a stock buy back. they won't even put a set of steer tires on if they think only one is bad, thought they had to put steer tires on in sets. They only do what the so called " model " says to do, common sense is out the window. The problem is most of these people running the show have none. Now I heard you're not going to get new uniforms on your anniversary date. Whats happening here is the same thing at YRC when Yellow bought Holland, Holland was a good money making company until YRC starting sucking the life out them to pay for their other failing companies. They tried to get to big to fast and lost their ass

Does this mean that I probably won’t get a cake and for my 25th anniversary this up coming Thursday?

What a bummer !

I was hoping for new drive tires some time this past winter. It didn’t happen..I’ve seen used drive tires on trailers with more tread than what I have had on my tractor this past winter.
I really don’t need them now that winter is over and the ice and snow are gone. Let them go till they’re completely bald now. Having said that...I’ll bet you dollars to donuts when my tractor comes back from pm in about 3 weeks there’ll be brand new knobby drive tires on my tractor. All ready for the snow and ice I’ll see for the up coming Spring , Summer, and Autumn seasons...NOT !

Computers and software run everything now. Period. Hiring is being done based on this. Firing. Start times. Maintenance of equipment.

And heaven help the person that tries to defy the computers and software. It's perfect. Nobody has to take responsibility. Everyone can say I'm just following instructions. And dumb decisions can keep being made.

Don't believe me? Ask one of the empty-suit , talking-head types what their role is - you will get a lot of babbling about plugging in numbers and what the software or computer says to do. And if what the software or computer says doesn't work or is not working as well as you were told? It's your fault for not trying hard enough.

I have maintained for a while here that the course of business was not substainable the way things were being run. The emphasis has never seemed to be on quality of service but more on cutting cost to the bone.(From the beginning) I speculate the bigger strategy was always on the M&A when possible to do . Maintaining and growing business organically was secondary to cost cutting and M&A . Now we’re a poorly managed company ( ltl portion is all I can speak of ) that is floundering .

I hate to say this but..., this sounds like YRC 2008-2010 all over again?
I hope not. It's been a long 10 years over here...
Good Luck.

What has me concerned is 3 stock buybacks and weaseling their way onto the S&P 400 ( which usually bumps stocks up) and the stock remains flat at best.
In the Ltl portion operations are a mess and service sucks . They been going on Conways old reputation with customers for 3yrs now and destroyed that . Xpo is becoming synonymous which overall bad service. Not good.

Does this mean that I probably won’t get a cake and for my 25th anniversary this up coming Thursday?

What a bummer !

I was hoping for new drive tires some time this past winter. It didn’t happen..I’ve seen used drive tires on trailers with more tread than what I have had on my tractor this past winter.
I really don’t need them now that winter is over and the ice and snow are gone. Let them go till they’re completely bald now. Having said that...I’ll bet you dollars to donuts when my tractor comes back from pm in about 3 weeks there’ll be brand new knobby drive tires on my tractor. All ready for the snow and ice I’ll see for the up coming Spring , Summer, and Autumn seasons...NOT !
Congratulations on your 25 year anniversary! That’s all you can expect!

I’m not saying anything is going to happen to be clear. I posted the article because I thought it was interesting and the first I have seen SPECULATING that outcome. I agree with most of what you posted .

Speculation ?

There are two options.

We grow to a size that a buyer becomes available out of need.

We collapse to a size that a buyer becomes available out of greed.

As you have said. It’s a roll up. It’s not meant to be an independent enterprise.

I want a pair of brown Sox by this Christmas.

We are a staffing agency for the UPS terminal up the street.

They asked us why. We told them. Better wages. 100% health care. Pension. We were laughed at. And were told those things aren’t possible any more. Funny story. True story. Those things are possible. And all they cost you is an application. They didn’t appreciate that at all. As much as they enjoy laughing at us, they ain’t really got much of a sense of humor at all.