XPO | Tandem Trailer ban on Mass Pike

Bloodwidow

TB Lurker
Credits
Looking for info. I heard a rumor that when the Pike is closed to tandems in now means sets of pup not just turnpike doubles. I know I don't need to think about it now but would like to find out if true before next winter.

I'll see if I can get more info next time i see someone from xpp via through my barn. I can't imagine that happening, but you never know.

Good morning, this is the said Portland driver responding to topic. Story goes like this, last snow storm we had, I was returning from Albany on a Saturday morning and I ran into a Portland Fed Ex driver with a single trailer, I asked if he forgot his kite and he told me he was pulled over on his way out to their Albany FAC by a Mass. State Trooper out near Blandford area. Trooper asked why he was out on pike witch was closed to tandem trailers, he was confused and said they run every time when it snows. Trooper supposedly told him the NO Tandem rule now applies to "ALL" size doubles. Trooper didn't issue a ticket, but told driver not to return with a second trailer in tow. I have asked thru TM for regional safety Mgr to verify this but as of this time, I have not heard a reply yet. I told this story to a driver I know from OD in Portland, and he mentioned it to his TM and that TM replied that he was already aware of rule change. Like I said, I'm still waiting to find out what the skinny is on this matter. I will let you all know when I find out...Have grate day and be safe...

Sorry, I need to clarify, night of snow storm I wasn't able to make it it out to Albany. I was almost 5 hours just getting to XSX, so I bailed off there {had to via into them anyway to drop a trailer} and didn't continue on, would not have had enough driving hours to make it back home without getting picked up. I mentioned Albany in above statement out of habit, and I was tired when I wrote reply...

Good morning, this is the said Portland driver responding to topic. Story goes like this, last snow storm we had, I was returning from Albany on a Saturday morning and I ran into a Portland Fed Ex driver with a single trailer, I asked if he forgot his kite and he told me he was pulled over on his way out to their Albany FAC by a Mass. State Trooper out near Blandford area. Trooper asked why he was out on pike witch was closed to tandem trailers, he was confused and said they run every time when it snows. Trooper supposedly told him the NO Tandem rule now applies to "ALL" size doubles. Trooper didn't issue a ticket, but told driver not to return with a second trailer in tow. I have asked thru TM for regional safety Mgr to verify this but as of this time, I have not heard a reply yet. I told this story to a driver I know from OD in Portland, and he mentioned it to his TM and that TM replied that he was already aware of rule change. Like I said, I'm still waiting to find out what the skinny is on this matter. I will let you all know when I find out...Have grate day and be safe...
Call the dot yourself and get them to email you the statute.