FedEx Freight | Tasks on meet turn???

Chevy silverado

TB Lurker
Credits
I want to know what tasks are correct for meet turn the way I understand it is 1 TO at your meet destination. Can you charge 2 with a lunch in between??????

One would think so. Did it once and got paid for it.
I think they would say no, but like all things here, it make no sense to pay a drop and a hook but not two TO's, especially when delay doesn't start until you've been there for much longer than a TO.

Technically a T O only. If your meet driver is there you switch then take a lunch. If you meet at a truckstop for a break and lunch your not supposed to leave equipment unattended or (stay Hooked) If your your meet driver is late you stay hooked till he's there.... The question I have is it has always been said that on lunch your tractor is your vehicle for lunches.... The bad thing thou is at a hub ( or a fedex property) your equipment is in a secured yard,a truck stop well not.... I don't get thou how they say going to your desired place of eating that day doesn't count towards your 30 min break.... travel time should YOUR NOT WORKING!

As much as i'm all for the "get your money's worth out of the corporation"...
Trying to charge 2 TO's for one meet seems to be really shady.

I for one, would hope that this was just an idle thought and is not in use anywhere.

One T.O., delay after an hour. Take your lunch, wait a half hour, delay begins- two minutes later your meet shows up. Drive through if they don't show up. Enjoy the Super 8.

Leave your set hooked until they show up. Eat your lunch inside the cab, and put your trash under the flip open passenger seat. Do as the city does. I've always left my unit for lunch, locking the doors, putting the bills on the lead trailer's registration box, if hazmat and in the cab otherwise. If you can't leave your set in fear of it being stolen, the food is probably not worth leaving your unit for anyway.

Pack a gun and your lunch.

As much as i'm all for the "get your money's worth out of the corporation"...
Trying to charge 2 TO's for one meet seems to be really shady.

I for one, would hope that this was just an idle thought and is not in use anywhere.

Agreed Loucifer, I believe it would be the position of mgmt that it could be construed as a theft of company time, I don't think I'd try to be the guinea pig on that deal.

roog

Technically a T O only. If your meet driver is there you switch then take a lunch. If you meet at a truckstop for a break and lunch your not supposed to leave equipment unattended or (stay Hooked) If your your meet driver is late you stay hooked till he's there.... The question I have is it has always been said that on lunch your tractor is your vehicle for lunches.... The bad thing thou is at a hub ( or a fedex property) your equipment is in a secured yard,a truck stop well not.... I don't get thou how they say going to your desired place of eating that day doesn't count towards your 30 min break.... travel time should YOUR NOT WORKING!

By DOT law your tractor is your car and you can leave a trailer to go eat. I have left a few yards and bobtailed to a diner or gas station. I asked once just to be nice and because an assistant manager at that terminal hated me so didn't want to give him a chance to get me. They ops mgr said yea you can bobtail to lunch. Even in the city I was notorious for dropping a trailer and bobtailing to lunch. I got called in on a few times just because a customer would call and ask why we dropped a trailer there. I would typically leave it in a stop that I was going to do right after lunch. My manager at that time said I needed to stop doing it, told him no I am allowed to do it by DOT and he is overruled by them. No he didn't like me either. I was once on a Sunday bid and told him he would have to fire me before I worked a Sunday.

Also I think the policy is you just have to sit your tractor in front of the lead pup and you can't put the paperwork behind the electrical or air lines either.

So you get there, your meet driver isn't there.
You drop out and go to lunch. You have just performed a TO. You come back from lunch, your meet driver still isn't there so you start your 30 min "free time" turn interval. At the end of your 30 minute turn interval, he/she finally shows up. You get under your set (another TO), pretrip your set and start on your merry way home. You've been there close to an hour and a half and you are compensated for one TO or fifteen minutes.
Who is getting in whose pocket?

Tasks separated by thirty minutes or more are paid separately. You go to the hub and drop, then take your lunch or work the dock, then get your hooks. You charge a drop and a hook not a drop/hook. Same deal.

if u do it at a hub you get paid for a To b4 lunch and To after lunch. If its a meet point at truck stop or not at a center its only 1 To

So you get there, your meet driver isn't there.
You drop out and go to lunch. You have just performed a TO. You come back from lunch, your meet driver still isn't there so you start your 30 min "free time" turn interval. At the end of your 30 minute turn interval, he/she finally shows up. You get under your set (another TO), pretrip your set and start on your merry way home. You've been there close to an hour and a half and you are compensated for one TO or fifteen minutes.
Who is getting in whose pocket?

Yep I never understood how I only get paid for 1 TO when Im doing 2. Its like when you do a via and you only get DH when it should be a D and H. It could be a good lawsuit for the entire company.

Explanation 1) It's built into your mileage pay.
Explanation 2) You're not supposed to unhook from the set until your meet driver arrives, in case you have to roll through.
Explanation 3) We treat our drivers like crap and sit around in "Focus Groups" in Harrison wondering why no one wants to work for us.

'Nuff said??? ST

On a different note, the lawsuit against a large competitor is about to settle...it's going to make the western drivers suit look small. Huge award in the wings....RC, think 10 times the money according to the lead plaintiff...

Explanation 3) We treat our drivers like crap and sit around in "Focus Groups" in Harrison wondering why no one wants to work for us.

'Nuff said??? ST

When you have to bring people in from other centers to cover runs and start times in the city, that should tell them something!!!

Of the apps that were qualified to do the job, they said they changed there mind???

When you treat your people like ****, you're not going to get anybody decent to come to work here!!!

What some of you greedy, "get all I can get" folks forget is task pay represents how much time the average task should take.

A TO is 15 minutes. Does it take 15 minutes to unhook from your set? Why would you think it's acceptable to charge or attempt to charge the company for 30 minutes when it takes less than 10?

I guess ethics in the workplace is lost.

It takes me about 15 minutes to hook a pre-trip and set. I guess I always figured I was money ahead every hook I did.

Guardrail

GR, what the hell are you thinking? You're trying to infuse ethics and common sense into a nonsense conversation! In my barn (small yard) we routinely get asked to pull an empty from the dock to the mt lot while on our drop in the morning. Several drivers are screaming. I just do it. Rarely spend even 30 minutes in the yard at end of trip, get paid 45 between fuel and drop. What's 3 minutes to pull a trailer to the mt lot? We've got guys screaming they can't fuel and add DEF in 15 minutes. They claim it takes 30. Rarely takes me 12 to do both...and I only add DEF once a week. Geez, no wonder the red shirts think we're all a bunch of whiny little canines who are stealing time at every opportunity....