SAIA | team trucks

chickentruck

TB Lurker
Credits
i dont know about yall but i am getting off team trucks.mine keeps breaking down.its an 04 goes to cummins after every trip for one thing or another. and having to split breakdown pay sucks with 10 to 15 hrs delay every week my half of miles for week has averaged 1400 mile .i am goin back to solo..

p.o.s. trucks

naw they said about another 123000 miles.i cant afford to drive the truck that long.i can do better on solo even with just 2000 miles.

CT, I guess you have noticed a new sleeper or so sitting around the shop. Maybe they will let you guys have one of those.

BTW, I wrote up my assigned city unit and guess what? They are waiting on parts to be able to complete the repair (hole in intake boot). No other units with A/C available as a substitute unit. Nice on these 100+ degree days around here.

new sleepers

yes we got quite a few new sleepers but we dont have enough time here to get new one it woould be another 04 and we would have to chase down all new problems.plus theses trucks are not set up to run in mountains.the way they are geared it lugs them goin up hill the trucks have to work so hard it burns the oil up 10,000 miles before the pm is due. ours would die goin uphill at least a 6% grade when it would die nice feeling in the dark at 2am and vehicles coming up behind you at 60 to 70 mph behind you.:chairshot:

solar power

no brother trucker i wish it was powered by somethink else like all the hot air i have been recieving about they have fixxed truck as i type its setting at cummins in tucson,az spent 20hrs down broke down at 2pm a truck was supposed to be brought to us on a hook from phx it got their at 1000pm i ran out of on duty hours at 1030pm my codriver had only been in bunk 2hrs when truck went down so he could not drive cause he was onduty not drivin....heck of a day

Tough luck

I'm sorry that you guys are having such bad luck with that truck. :chairshot:

You would think that with as much trouble as your having and money Saia is spending on the thing they would want to get rid of it just to quit paying outside vendors plus your downtime.:duh:

well i havnt written in a while got tired of the b.s. that goes on with being on team trucks.so i got off sleepers in dls and transfered to grl into city.. nice to be home everynite..

How's the 11-12 days goin over there? Or did they finally figure out the late guys could do some of the work? Also, be careful and dot yer i's and cross yer t's.