ODFL | Teams

jjquarterhorse

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, all,
My wife and I will probably be teaming for OD in the next few weeks. We're refugees from the FedEx Mess. Can anybody tell me how the OD teams run (especially out of Kansas City)?

What kind of miles can we expect?
What kind of home time?
Where are we likely to run?
Will we experience many layovers?
Who pays for motel on a layover?
Assigned trucks?
How flexible is the company on work schedule?
How are teams treated in general?

Any other information you can provide us with will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Welcome to OD and the forum jjquarterhorse,I'll give some of your questions a stab,based more on observation than experience(I don't run team)chances are out of KC you and your wife will be running mostly west, most teams from the midwest(Parsons etc)run to Rialto CA,Sacremento,Salt Lake,Portland,and Seattle,some teams used to just go out and back twice a week then take break at home,7000 miles was usual for team I knew here. We're busy so might not be a lot of layovers,but OD pays motel if you do,most of team trucks out this way are assigned,most the teams I know of out here ran same schedule every week,that would certainly be a good question to ask your T/M before you get started.

Hey, DayliteDean,
Thanks for the reply. A bunch of us from FedEx Kansas City are going over to OD. Can't wait to be treated like a human being again!

I hope and pray You and Your Wife are as happy here as I am,again welcome aboard!and please share some of your experiences with us here.