Teamster constitution hidden clauses

Drive&Drive

TB Lurker
Credits
TRIALS AND APPEALS

Grounds for Charges Against Members,
Officers and Subordinate Bodies

this is a scary reality,...i we vote in the union and we dont like any of the provisions...we cannot go against the TEAMSTER...per their constition...WTF on that

they can charge us and put us on trial...and FINE US...NO THANK YOU

FROM TEAMSTER CONSTITUTION

"SECTION 7 (b). The basis for charges against members, officers, elected Business Agents, Local Unions, Joint Councils or other subordinate bodies for which he or it shall stand trial shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:

(1). Violation of any specific provision of the Constitution, Local Union Bylaws or rules of order, or failure to perform any of the duties specified thereunder.

(2). Violation of oath of office or of the oath of loyalty to the Local Union and the International Union.

(3). Breaching a fiduciary obligation owed to any labor organization by any act of embezzlement or conversion of union's funds or property.

(4). Secession, or fostering the same.

(5). Conduct which is disruptive of, interferes with, or induces others to disrupt or interfere with, the performance of any union's legal or contractual obligations. Causing or participating in an unauthorized strike or work stoppage.

(6). Disruption of Union meetings, or assaulting or provoking assault on fellow members or officers, or failure to follow the rules of order or rulings of the presiding officer at meetings of the Local Union, or any similar conduct in, or about union premises or places used to conduct union business.

(7). Crossing an authorized primary picket line established by the member's Local Union or any other subordinate body affiliated with the International Union."

Clauses? Come on....as a Union you have to stay UNITED...that's what gives it strength. These clauses are to keep loyalty between us with the Union and the Union loyal to us! Unlike NCT where they're only loyal to themselves! What is wrong with you guys? Can't you see the picture?

so why does the union have all these hidden clauses..to put down people who question or want change after you get established...

What hidden clauses? If they were hidden why are they made public??? The only think hidden here is all the profits NCT is making !!! All you guys are gonna be enlightened when the union gets in and all those figures will become public !!!!!

hidden in the constitution...you dont seem to mention alot of these facts on here

one of the SCARIEST facts is that if the union doesnt agree with your complaint they DONT have to aide you...they cant elect not to help you...

WTF kind of representation is that

Clauses? Come on....as a Union you have to stay UNITED...that's what gives it strength. These clauses are to keep loyalty between us with the Union and the Union loyal to us! Unlike NCT where they're only loyal to themselves! What is wrong with you guys? Can't you see the picture?

no, what these clauses do is put a strangle-hold on us the workers, with this, workers have no individual freedom

•Dues Check Off—Unions have three ways to collect union dues and fees: 1) they can chase you down every pay day, 2) they can ask you to send your dues or fees to the union in the mail, or 3) they can ask the employer to be their collection agency and deduct dues straight from your pay. The deduction of union dues and fees is contractual language called Dues Check-Off.
•Reduced Overtime—If a union can get your employer to agree to less overtime and the work still need to be done, your employer will likely have to hire more people and, although you may earn less, the union gets more members. In fact, one union constitution even states that it is the member's "duty" to discourage the working of overtime of his fellow members.
•Union Access—Like you and your home, employers have private property rights. This means union business agents and other union officials would not be allowed onto an employer's property unless as an invited visitor. As a result, unions will often attempt to negotiate contractual language to allow union bosses to come onto the employer's property when they want.
•Union Bulletin Board—Rather than leafletting the employer's property any time the union has an announcement to make, most unions attempt to get the employer to agree to a seperate bulletin board for the union to use to post announcements.

hidden in the constitution...you dont seem to mention alot of these facts on here

one of the SCARIEST facts is that if the union doesnt agree with your complaint they DONT have to aide you...they cant elect not to help you...

WTF kind of representation is that
If your complaint has anything to do with your contract they are obligated to represent you,See rules 1 and 2 in the "hidden" constitution
I will ask you again what makes these rules hidden?

basically what you seem to call "Hidden Rules" aren't really hidden because they're readily available. STRIKE 1. Nowhere in these rules does it say you will be fined. If you owe money to the union it's just like not paying your bills, they have the right to recoup their money. STRIKE 2. If, as a member you actually feel the need to go against what the union stands for and the contract that YOU the members vote in, and expect to go against the contract on your own, you deserve to be brought up on any charge that fits the bill. Furthermore you don't deserve the right to be a TEAMSTER. STRIKE 3..... YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if i dont like or agree with the union politics i can be brought to "union trial" and repremanded?

if the union doesnt want to give me their support they dont have to? what kind of representation is that?

total garbage

if i needed to cross the picket line to make more then what i would get on strike... i can be charged? that shouldnt be allowed

drive&drive, once you have representation please remember YOU GUYS call the shots. If a few want to be renegades and fight the system that YOU approved with the contract, then you have to pay the consequences. Rest assured, the union will improve your way of life. As far as me getting voted in, I stand to gain NOTHING here. I'm just a retired Teamster collecting my pensions and out on medical disability. Your life at NCT will be much easier,with more money put in your pockets to help you and your family. knowing first hand what everyone has sacrificed over the years I wish you all that your rightfully deserve.

basically what you seem to call "Hidden Rules" aren't really hidden because they're readily available. STRIKE 1. Nowhere in these rules does it say you will be fined. If you owe money to the union it's just like not paying your bills, they have the right to recoup their money. STRIKE 2. If, as a member you actually feel the need to go against what the union stands for and the contract that YOU the members vote in, and expect to go against the contract on your own, you deserve to be brought up on any charge that fits the bill. Furthermore you don't deserve the right to be a TEAMSTER. STRIKE 3..... YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) baseball is over
2.) I'd rather not be tried and charged because I wanted to go into work when the union didn't want me to
3.) these "hidden rules" have been readily talked about by the union, hence the term "hidden"