Teamster Members Retirement Plan

You think I should cancel the order on my Tesla?
Let’s see. You were an active Teamster for 63 years, and have been drawing full retirement for what- 60 more? (You must resign/Withdrawl to collect). You probably could pay cash, if you wanted....

By the way- if you were at least 18 before you started 63 yrs in the IBT, and have been drawing for another 50+ years- you’re probably at least 130-150 yrs old!!!!!!

Let’s see. You were an active Teamster for 63 years, and have been drawing full retirement for what- 60 more? (You must resign/Withdrawl to collect). You probably could pay cash, if you wanted....

By the way- if you were at least 18 before you started 63 yrs in the IBT, and have been drawing for another 50+ years- you’re probably at least 130-150 yrs old!!!!!!

I started with Ryder in 1955 at 19 yrs old, we went union in Charl in 57.
After 1990, they never called me again, I aasumed the didn't like me anymore and asked CS to send me a check.
So far they haven't missed.
I never got a withdrawl card or don't remember resigning, but yes, I'll always be an active Teamster, even when the money runs out.
I'm depending on you guys to start me a (go fund me page) when times get tough.
BTW, I do feel 150 at times.

Last edited:
I got complimented on the looks of my fine new truck the other day. Should’ve seen the look when I pointed out that it is 12 yrs old, and has 195,000 on it. (Same truck I had. I got it detailed)

I bought my new truck in 2004, has 107k now, mine looks new but seat warmers started heating in the summer.
Looked on utube and it was too much trouble to repair, I unpluged them.

I bought my new truck in 2004, has 107k now, mine looks new but seat warmers started heating in the summer.
Looked on utube and it was too much trouble to repair, I unpluged them.

Go with a more Organic approach,.....baked beans.......

No,....no answer back from anyone.......

Got W. Penna. Annual Summary report. Funded Percentage,...2017- 38.5%,...2018- 36.7%...2019- 34.6%. But then we took 34% cut in 2019. No longer in "Critical and Failing" status,...just "Critical". January 1, 2020, saw Funded Percentage go up to 41.7%. Should be good for next 30 years, we're told.

Go with a more Organic approach,.....baked beans.......

No,....no answer back from anyone.......

Got W. Penna. Annual Summary report. Funded Percentage,...2017- 38.5%,...2018- 36.7%...2019- 34.6%. But then we took 34% cut in 2019. No longer in "Critical and Failing" status,...just "Critical". January 1, 2020, saw Funded Percentage go up to 41.7%. Should be good for next 30 years, we're told.
Funny thing happened yesterday. Looked up the W. Penna. MPRA application, ABF is not listed as a contributing employer. Canary, I thought you worked for ABF, could you shed some light on this apparent inconsistency.

Funny thing happened yesterday. Looked up the W. Penna. MPRA application, ABF is not listed as a contributing employer. Canary, I thought you worked for ABF, could you shed some light on this apparent inconsistency.

I like your new avatar......

Prior to my retirement,....As a Steward,I was a very vocal advocate for ABF to provide the monthly receipts for both the H & W, and Pension funds,...so I could post them in the Union bulletin board. Butted heads several times with ABF Labor man, and ABF's ........let's say: "inconsistency".....in providing the receipts on a regular basis. (...there was a short time several years ago,....where the receipts weren't as "forthcoming" as they should've been..)....

When I retired , and gave up my Steward position,....I turned over 16 years of monthly reports of Pension and H & W payments,......along with all Grievances and discussion notes....to the succeeding Steward...

(....and an aside to the ABF management who monitor these boards,.....I was a voluminous note-taker. All this is documented...)....

As far as I know,...the current Steward is still getting the monthly receipts from both Funds,...and posting them, as per contractual language..( Article 48, 3rd paragraph, of the JC #40 Supplemental Agreement..)

I believe,...if ArcBest/ABF is still providing receipts,.....then they are ...contributing,...to the Western Pennsylvania Teamsters and Employers Pension Fund......

However,...sometime today, I will call the Pension Fund and confirm their status,.....just to set both of our minds at ease......

And,....Checking with the Western Penna. Pension Fund Office Manager,.......Yes, ABF is still a Contributor to the Fund..
There may be some confusion in the MPRA filing,......as ABF may be "ArcBest" instead.

But, yes,....they've been paying the Freight Contribution level since ETMF came into the Fund in about 1977.

And,....Checking with the Western Penna. Pension Fund Office Manager,.......Yes, ABF is still a Contributor to the Fund..
There may be some confusion in the MPRA filing,......as ABF may be "ArcBest" instead.

But, yes,....they've been paying the Freight Contribution level since ETMF came into the Fund in about 1977.
A. Duchini Inc.
Adams petroleum products, Inc.
Adelman lumber company, no ABF/ArcBest or ETMF. They list many locals, might be under their umbrella.

PA needs to consolidate some of their locals, one local I googled had their monthly meetings at the, Burnt Cabins Coon Hunters Club.

A. Duchini Inc.
Adams petroleum products, Inc.
Adelman lumber company, no ABF/ArcBest or ETMF. They list many locals, might be under their umbrella.

PA needs to consolidate some of their locals, one local I googled had their monthly meetings at the, Burnt Cabins Coon Hunters Club.

I've got to admit,....I can't find ABF/ArcBest/ETMF anywhere in the "Signatory to Application" for the MPRA. I'll have to call a friend who is a Trustee on the pension fund. Don't know the ramifications here.....

I do know I've got a stack of receipts from the Pension fund,.....and I get a check,...and I took a reduction. The Fund Office Manager, with whom I spoke to yesterday, assured me that ABF is a Participant in the Fund,....has always been, for at least 30 some years. Those photostated receipts in the Application are the very things I fought to get....on a timely basis,....from ABF. Usually, I got them fairly regularly.......

Thank you for pointing that out to me.