ABF | Teamster pay

Sorry but I don't believe taking pay cuts and kissing the pension goodbye while company CEO takes $120,000 paycheck home EVERY WEEK is the right thing to do. Not to mention the multi-million dollar retirement gift he has on tap. Now if company CEO worked for free, or much less that would be a good start.

Zollars does not get the parachute,because his contract read if he,or the company,notified the other party prior to Dec. 31st,he would not be renewed,he would not receive a bonus.Only other exception was if neither side said anything,he had a 1 year extention option,and that is not happening either.This was all published weeks ago in the financials.Heard he was going to run for govenor of Kansas next election though.

ABF does still pay the best wages and health & welfare. I would believe that if the company went to a single employer pension plan that ABF would give a greater increase in wages as the wouldn't have to increase the premium payed to underfunded pension plan.

Zollars does not get the parachute,because his contract read if he,or the company,notified the other party prior to Dec. 31st,he would not be renewed,he would not receive a bonus.Only other exception was if neither side said anything,he had a 1 year extention option,and that is not happening either.This was all published weeks ago in the financials.Heard he was going to run for govenor of Kansas next election though.

Thanks for that information. I am glad to hear it. I am not a fan of the golden parachutes for any of those people.

You fellas are correct. No brotherhood at all. I work for A.B.F. and not all but most guys are cut throats. They run like mad men but as soon as a jr. man runs over them they're calling them hard chargers and crying for days over it. If one man is laid off then there is five guys just begging to work a seventh day. It's sad cause I have to believe it's cause these guys are up to there asses in debt cause there would be no other reason to be logging everything on the top line or running seven days straight. Now I understand that everybody has a different situation and needs to work according to their own needs but I can't stand when the brotherhood crap is tossed around when it's convenient but if somebody needs to make an extra buck they no longer care about brotherhood.

This is a great forum for drivers to keep up on whats going on in the industry and companies. I try not to bow down to some of the posters that just want to cause trouble also. But sometimes it gets the best of me. I think things are getting to a level that all drivers are really going to have to stick together. These companies will have us working for $14.00 an hour while they rake in more and more. We have a dangerous job. It deserves top wages. Maybe one day we will see this country shut down with a trucker strike. Make people realize how important truckers really are. When they don't have food or gas. Everyday will be driver appreciation day.

In no way am I atacking you Skeeter. I agree with most of your posting however your forgetting about the Reagan Administration and what went on with the Airlines and what he did to them. Remember that ? He made sure when it was all said and done they would not shut the country down again.
I also beleive that some of these larger non-union outfits being at one time or another and probably still are being subsidized by the government are in place to cover this sort of thing. NAfta will ensure it doesn't happen. Understand where this is going?
How did it work a few years back when truckers were screaming about the cost of fuel and designated days not to run in protest of escalating fuel costs?

In no way am I atacking you Skeeter. I agree with most of your posting however your forgetting about the Reagan Administration and what went on with the Airlines and what he did to them. Remember that ? He made sure when it was all said and done they would not shut the country down again.
I also beleive that some of these larger non-union outfits being at one time or another and probably still are being subsidized by the government are in place to cover this sort of thing. NAfta will ensure it doesn't happen. Understand where this is going?
How did it work a few years back when truckers were screaming about the cost of fuel and designated days not to run in protest of escalating fuel costs?

I hear you TreadFace. I look at things a little different now than I use to also.

I hear you TreadFace. I look at things a little different now than I use to also.

Stoney Your logo should read

" Out of a job yet ?
Keep supporting s cabs and imports"

How do I support ***** and imports? I'll gladly support the unions again when I see them supporting pro-growth, pro-business policies. Until then........:6792:

You are 100% correct

What a life you must have..if this forum is such a great entertainment.
"No life" should be your sign in name.
Probably don't have ANY friends..and it shows because no one likes you here either.
This is the only place you can talk..with the hopes that someone will listen...where in real life no one would.

You are 100% correct, no one like him in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX as well!!! :::shit::::::shit:::

Last edited by a moderator:
amen brother all this bitching and whining isn't going to help anyone. myself i think all freight haulers r wanting mexicans to haul the freight so they can pay cheaper wages.we need everybody to work so we can build our economy back up. i'm not for any legal citizen not having a job no matter who they work for.i dont work for yrc or abf but we r losing people because of economy. i agree with u on a trucker strike but it will never happen, we all need to come up with a way to fix the bull that goes on in the U.S. illegals come over here and take our jobs, corperations take thier business to other countries for less pay. stand up and buy american or don't buy at all,thats what i say good luck 2 all on truckingboards we need it.