Yellow | Teamsters Calling me 4 Times a day

Barney

TB Lurker
Credits
Telling me who to vote for. I'm sick of it. I'm glad I changed my work call # to the cell phone. We've gotten 4 calls a day the last week. Phoning and waking me up 2 hours into my sleep results in lack of rest and falling asleep at the wheel. As far as I'm concerned, the Teamsters should'nt push their agenda on me.

Barney,
You talk about the Teamsters as if you aren't one of them. Maybe it's the candidates who shouldn't push their agenda, but not the entire Teamsters Union. I can't say I blame you for being mad about getting your rest messed up though.

yo stimpy....

i've been getting a bunch of calls on my tennessee number from pat boone telling me to vote for corker as he's they guy that will ensure the medicaid part d prescription plan will stay intact so i got to pay 3600 dollars a year in copays before the government picks up the tab........

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; that's just for me, my wife has a 3600 dollar donut hole in her copays too, i'm better off working 'til i die, if i make 66 i get paid wages and social security which is 1900 a month and if i keep going 'til im 70 and start collecting my pension it will be another 3500+ on top of my wages which will give me about 10 large a month, what a deal, 70 years old and still driving a truck, i can't waitNOT..........

Well I was just teasing you. I use to work with barney at CF. He is a pretty cool dude, like his homebrew, and fast cars. Later Stimpy

Hoffa called me too, and I'm on the no call list...........I really thought that was a crime?

The Indiana State Police called me for a fund-raiser-- I told them I was on the no call list and they hung up! Wonder if I'll get a ticket?

stldude44 said:
Barney,
You talk about the Teamsters as if you aren't one of them. Maybe it's the candidates who shouldn't push their agenda, but not the entire Teamsters Union. I can't say I blame you for being mad about getting your rest messed up though.

Not sure what you meant about that post. I'm just saying that the Teamsters should'nt be calling me 4 times a day telling me who to vote for.

Barney said:
Not sure what you meant about that post. I'm just saying that the Teamsters should'nt be calling me 4 times a day telling me who to vote for.
All I meant was that we are the Teamsters....they are the candidates.

SevenOfNine said:
Question? Can't you just tell them to take you off whatever list your phone number is on?
I'm not sure about that....I don't think either one of them has called here though.

jimmy g said:
Hoffa called me too, and I'm on the no call list...........I really thought that was a crime?

The Indiana State Police called me for a fund-raiser-- I told them I was on the no call list and they hung up! Wonder if I'll get a ticket?
The do not call list is only for telemarketers.
Unfortunately non-profits,political organizations,and charities can still legaly call and bug you.

I turned my phone off(land line) and have vonage now.
I only gave this number to work and now the only time my phone rings is when I get my work call....so I'm able to turn my cell ringer off and not be bothered by the phone till its time to go to work.

SevenOfNine said:
Question? Can't you just tell them to take you off whatever list your phone number is on?
I don't think that there is any list other than our phone numbers being on file at the local union hall. And they are not allowed to campaign for any individuals or slates. But they can encourage us to be sure & vote

I have only gotten 1 call from Hoffa Jr. & that was back when they wanted us to call our congressmen about the Pension Reform bill that they were voting on.

The only way the IBT could have gotten my unlisted phone number is from my local union hall

If it were me I would call the hall & tell them that I don't care how these people mistakenly got my unlisted number but I want the campaign calls stopped.